• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a question on dash wiring

whiteknuckler

Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
I have rec'd all good advise from this website from knowledgeable Mopar guys and now looking for some more.
I am installing a good used dash wiring harness in my 69 Coronet R/T. I have it all in and running, but the wiper switch has 2 terminals left over and one is hot with the key on, is this supposed to feed something else? I also have 4 short brown wires near the keyed ignition switch that are not hooked to anything.
I also have along lead with a 4 prong female connector exactly like the 4 way flashers plug that seems to go toward the glovebox, maybe for an a/c car?
I have not driven the car yet, but it starts, runs, all lights ect ok, just wondering about extra wires and the hot terminal on back of wiper switch my main concern.

Maybe the hot post on the wiper switch is for your windshield washers. Also you should get yourself an FSM, it will give you wiring diagrams and info. on all systems of the car. Most of us can't live without one, so much info. in them.

Maybe the hot post on the wiper switch is for your windshield washers. Also you should get yourself an FSM, it will give you wiring diagrams and info. on all systems of the car. Most of us can't live without one, so much info. in them.

X2

- - - Updated - - -

I have rec'd all good advise from this website from knowledgeable Mopar guys and now looking for some more.
I am installing a good used dash wiring harness in my 69 Coronet R/T. I have it all in and running, but the wiper switch has 2 terminals left over and one is hot with the key on, is this supposed to feed something else? I also have 4 short brown wires near the keyed ignition switch that are not hooked to anything.
I also have along lead with a 4 prong female connector exactly like the 4 way flashers plug that seems to go toward the glovebox, maybe for an a/c car?
I have not driven the car yet, but it starts, runs, all lights ect ok, just wondering about extra wires and the hot terminal on back of wiper switch my main concern.

If you post a pic of the connector in question you might get a fast response... but the wiring diagram with answer it for you for sure (never a bad idea to have the Service Manual)... They can be found for free. Check out my Mopar Restoration Library thread, there are some good links there to find free literature

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...ar-Restoration-Library-thread-Possible-Sticky

it might be for the ballast resistor on the wiper motor. my 69 gtx has a resistor mounted on the motor

Thanx for the advise, where would I get a fsm? Jack.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You, It did help. I enlarged it and made a copy to take to shop next time I work on car. The hot terminal on wiper switch is for washers as some have suggested. Thanx, Jack.
Not sure if this will help?? Hope you can make something out of it. You may need a magnifying glass!! Lol

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=27

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You for all the links, I appreciate it. Jack.

one terminal on my wiper switch also feeds the reverse lights...

Auto Transport Service
Back