• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have never seen this in my life unreal!!!

flamesoldier

Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
I bought a new water pump pulley back in December didnt even ladt 2 months. The front cracked and sheered off wow i dont even know what to say other than cheap chinese cast metal bullshit
5762D109-0823-4A45-B1D2-69CF4C44C19B.jpeg

I know that original used parts are hard to find, but I would rather have an original used part, than a new cheapo part.

Wow! What a piece of ****. Wouldn't ever think a pulley would shatter like that. Where was this purchased so the rest of us can avoid that trouble?

Some vendors that sell stuff like this may not know of any failures until a customer complains.
What IS annoying is when you call them to complain about something that surely has happened before and they respond with “ This is the first that I’ve heard of this”.
I have heard this several times from vendors.

That steel of unknown quality is often referred to as “Chinesium”. This material hides in plain sight, unknown to its victims until it randomly fails in a variety of fashions.

A guy I know has a 572 Hemi in his 70 Road Runner.
His single groove crank pulley split around the 6 mounting bolts. The metal was really thin. It too was a reproduction.
His was from Bouchillon.
They are great for their transmission KD cable kits, repro brackets and engine brackets.

Some vendors that sell stuff like this may not know of any failures until a customer complains.
What IS annoying is when you call them to complain about something that surely has happened before and they respond with “ This is the first that I’ve heard of this”.
This is the first I've heard of this.

It's not even the pulley that craps you off but the damage the shrapnel can cause

“ This is the first that I’ve heard of this”.
Take it from an old HVAC guy.... that line is #1 in the excuse book. And if you corner them, they'll tell you "it's a field issue". I've heard it from wholesalers about every single part that's ever broken on a furnace during the warrantee period.
lol, bastards

Last edited:
Help us out and tell us who you bought it from so we can avoid this junk merchant!

It could be one crappy manufacturer that sells to all the repro parts vendors. The Bouchillon pulley surely wasn’t made by the people at Bouchillon.

Auto Transport Service
Back