• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I heard this trick for knowing what cars will appreciate in the future.

SteveSS

Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
This Doug DeMuro guy says "Enthusiast's cars that didn't sell well, or were generally disregarded at the time, tend to do well later as collector cars." His first example was the '70 Superbird. He gives a bunch more examples in his video. I know from personal experience when I was shopping for my '97 Camaro SS I saw the anniversary models that were orange and white. White with orange stripes and a houndstooth interior. I thought they were too garish. Now they are the ones to have from that year.

If you want one of those 97 Camaro anniversary additions, I can hook you up! My friend has a convertible 6 speed version for sale with only 4800 miles on it. It's like a brand new car.

I go back to 1978. Corvette Silver Anniversary and the Indy Pace car edition. A dealer marked up an Indy Pace Car and it was listed at $25k, well that's about what one of those is worth right now. All the magazines of the day said to buy one though, solid investment, For $25k a guy could have bought about 10 wing car in 1978. So my advice, don't buy GM.

If that was only true for '79 Chrysler 300.
:steering:

The Rodney Dangerfield of Chryslers.

Like everything it depends on the price.
I think he wants mid thirties for it. There probably isn't another convertible 6 speed one with four thousand eight hundred miles in it. He also has a 98 Trans Am convertible LS1 6 speed with 300 miles on it that he would sell. It's red with a black top and interior.

Auto Transport Service
Back