• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I know so many are in a heat wave now.

Yes!!! I once got them in both legs at the same time, couldn't walk. Even in the ankles and feet, calves but the ham strings hurt. I have to get up immediately and try to walk. A few times I literally was up all night long.

AEE3B3EB-8087-4004-B875-FB8F21A30527.jpeg
Linda took the kids to the Shore to cool off. Ocean City, Md. Hot there too. I stayed home.

The pool water was 92 degrees today. Had to back flush a few inches out and put the garden hose in the skimmer so the cool water would circulate into the filter and go through the discharge lines back into the pool. Hotter than hell today............

Dizziness is an early sign of heat stroke Steve. Be careful out there it's ok to cool off it might save ya.
Dizziness...NO kidding!
Working construction, I sometimes push myself a little bit harder than I should in the hot weather. Drinking cool water helps. I sometimes wet my shirt to cool me off.
I keep looking at the weather reports of here at home and in Texas and Tennessee, the two states that I am considering moving to.
Our weather today was 95 with 46% humidity. Bandera TX was 92 with 63%. Murfreesboro TN was 93 with 100%.

Dizziness...NO kidding!
Working construction, I sometimes push myself a little bit harder than I should in the hot weather. Drinking cool water helps. I sometimes wet my shirt to cool me off.
I keep looking at the weather reports of here at home and in Texas and Tennessee, the two states that I am considering moving to.
Our weather today was 95 with 46% humidity. Bandera TX was 92 with 63%. Murfreesboro TN was 93 with 100%.
I remember those days, be safe!!

just a headsup for all of you naysayers.
where do you think all those icebergs and the water they contain end up?
yes,thats right,in the ocean.
at the rate its melting,you will be surfing in nyc streets instead of driving on them.

plus,for those who think that the planet is being saved by local cleanups,as i see nyc being mentioned.
there is More pollution than Ever before being released into the planet.
america is Not the only country,
and most of the 3rd world ones literally dump everything from garbage to Nuclear garbage in the land and Oceans.
will the planet survive all this?
of course!..will humans survive it....not so sure about that 1...

BREAKING NEWS... It's HOT in July!!!
107 with the heat index today in NC.
Through Saturday, it had not got that hot here in Moore County in the Sandhills. The humidity hasn't panned out to be as high as they predicted...so far.

Last edited:
While water is good to drink, it does not replace what you sweat out, electrolytes. Make sure to drink a combination of Water & Gatorade/Pedialyte.

Yes!!! I once got them in both legs at the same time, couldn't walk. Even in the ankles and feet, calves but the ham strings hurt. I have to get up immediately and try to walk. A few times I literally was up all night long.
Drink some tonic water before bed or eat a banana. Cindy got me these for me, they stay on the nightstand within reach. They dissolve under your tongue instantly. After a hard days work/strenuous activity, you are much more likely to have a spasm at night.

ajk.jpg

the Earth has been changing for millions of years. I supposed global warming melted the ice shelf because t Rex wouldn't stop using his gas powered generator to keep warm. humans can not , and will not EVER stop the planet climate from changing. it will ALWAYS be changing regardless of what we throw at it. STFU already and get a life

Through Saturday, it had not got that hot here in Moore County in the Sandhills. The humidity hasn't panned out to be as high as they predicted...so far.
Consider yourself lucky my friend. I was outside power washing my truck and it was blistering hot in Guilford County. Today is supposed to be even worse.

Its cooled off here for the time being. Past week had been hot.
walked out the door this morning with a cup of coffee it was *66 , felt cold. lol.

You have to really exert yourself to sweat here. Humidity is so low. Most visitors have to load up on skin lotion. A lot of people have split fingertips after awhile. The sun is also wicked as we are a mile and a half above sea level. At our elevation, visitors get out of breath, have headaches and have night vision blindness.

Hank, They report the news. Try and find a unbiased media outlet may be tough, but what would I suggest is research and reading. With the internet today its so easy. I haven't gotten into so much as far as reading but so far what I read shows temperatures in the Arctic are changing. Im not talking about a unusual hot summer in Alaska but changes in sea levels and stuff like that.
As a kid we use to look forward to ice skating and sledding. It was winter and we loved it. I cannot tell you how many years its been since the local pond in a nearby park froze over enough to ice skate. Its been at least three decades. The harbor on the south shore of the island often froze over, not every winter but with a cold winter it happened. The last time I recall it freezing over was the winter on 1976/77.
To completely deny and Global warming is really being kind of blind. Not to say I agree with tree hugging alarmist's but there is changes and its a direct relationship to our environment and how we treat it.
A little off subject is pollution in our water ways. The New York harbor was filthy at one time, now its vastly improved with strict environmental regulations. Ive witnessed it myself.

I have to agree with you on this. It is happening but sometimes I wonder if it's some kind of a cycle the planet may be going thru that mankind hasn't had the chance to experience it. Not sure if this is the case, but we will as a race have to figure out how deal with the changes, adapt to the changes or die because of the changes. But before any of this happens, I'm gonna get me some Chipmunks!:elmer:

It's OK, only feels like 102*...
279864E0-A591-4A21-AB35-4297028AC3D0.png

the Earth has been changing for millions of years. I supposed global warming melted the ice shelf because t Rex wouldn't stop using his gas powered generator to keep warm. humans can not , and will not EVER stop the planet climate from changing. it will ALWAYS be changing regardless of what we throw at it. STFU already and get a life
hey if you wanna be an ostrich and stick your head in the sand and pretend nothings changing Because of what we humans do,
then you go right ahead,its your opinion.
but,please dont be rude and tell people to stfu because of Their opinions.
thanks.

106 today......glad I’ve a pool!

Very few can realistically/honestly reject that the climate is changing.
The -"human effect"- on this change is what the current buzz is all about politically (eek)/emotionally speaking.

One side of the issue says -we all have to find ways to adapt to the change.
The other side says we all have to stop being the CAUSE of the change.--Both sides are correct.
One side is pragmatic. --The other is frantic and irrational.--

Those that expect hundreds of billions of folks to hold their collective breaths -for a century or so- to prove a point are just plain babbling nonsense. These are the frantic folks.

History has shown -the sound path to dealing with the "weather change". ---Either dress for it or migrate from it as it moves/pushes you.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back