• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I like odd die-cast cars.

SteveSS

Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
I have enough 1970 Challengers and 1969 Charger to last forever. I found this 1973 Chevelle from the movie DRIVE with Ryan Gosling. I have a thing for 70's GM Colonnade cars.
drive chevelle.jpg

I'd like to find a '76 442. You already know about my '73 Grand Am.

442.jpg
ga2b.jpg

I know they're not Mopars but I love the odd ones too.

My brother had a "I think same nose as yours" 76 Grand AM with a 400 in it that thing was fast. I remember it had centerlines on it with Gillette 50 tires on the back. Nearly died in that car. But it was fun.

I like the GM colonnade cars. Each era of automotive history has its trends and a big one in the 70s was personal luxury and sporty cars. Stylish comfortable 2 door coupes were the thing.
If you find these types of cars interesting, don't miss MCACN this November, where I am working on organizing a Malaise era muscle feature, and you'll see many prime examples of these cars on display! Still seeking some cars to apply like a Can Am and Laguna S-3. But so far we have a bunch of seldom seen largely forgotten cars of the 70s signed up for this!
Why is it no one ever made a model or diecast of Cordobas, Charger Daytonas or Magnums?

I was a kid in the 70s and loved to build models, and collected some promotional models. It seemed like the "annuals" were tapering off by the mid to late 70s for some reason. Prior to that, I'd anticipate seeing a lot of new model year car kits on the shelves not long after the new cars showed up at the dealers.
There was a '75 Roadrunner, which I built one then, but no other models of that platform. Seems they could have added Cordoba and later Magnum models off that tooling with only not much more molds required. I think there was a Corgi Magnum, but not even sure if it was sold in the US, might have just been sold in the UK.
MPC 1/25 1975 Plymouth Roadrunner - Stock / Alpine Ski Car / Street Rod, 1-7525 (oldmodelkits.com)
Not many GM colonnade cars were available in plastic models either. I had a Johan Cutlass, might have been a 74, but don't recall many others from that era, other than a bunch of stock car kits of race cars based on those cars.

Hot Wheels made an off-shoot series plastic, pull-back, spring release 1/64 Magnum.

Auto Transport Service
Back