• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I might take this out for a spin tomorrow, what do you all think?

We put the door on today! It was a bit of a fight, but we managed to do it!! It's also the first video I've appeared in!
:lol:

Hello everyone! I'm going to start learning how to weld this Saturday! :lol: My younger brother is going to teach me on a '68 Karmann Ghia (good german steel). The reason I bring this up- the Frankenrunner needs some rust repair on the right side quarter panel, and I'm going to be repairing it myself! Can anyone recommend some good introductory youtube videos on welding?

we put the fender on! I'm so excited to see the Franken-runner looking like a real car again!

Wanted to share a Rock Auto order with all of you; right now, OE Slider and Pin type front brake pads are on a close out sale of less than $7! ('73/'74 models only)

Also, I ordered a new thermostat, lower radiator hose, soft lines for the brakes, master cylinder. I'm waiting for the parts to come in, and then I'll update!

Hello everyone! I'm going to start learning how to weld this Saturday! :lol: My younger brother is going to teach me on a '68 Karmann Ghia (good german steel). The reason I bring this up- the Frankenrunner needs some rust repair on the right side quarter panel, and I'm going to be repairing it myself! Can anyone recommend some good introductory youtube videos on welding?

This guy seems to have a pretty good technique. Pretty much the way I'll do sheet metal. I don't know if you're using gas or flux core wire but it's basically the same. Gas is a lot cleaner. Practice on scrap metal about the same thickness. I'm sure you have plenty laying around. Clean it thoroughly from paint and rust.
Have fun, Good luck!

I dunno how I missed this thread! I'm a sucker for '71 and '72 Plymouth B-bodies, which are my faves behind the '66 Dodge Coronet. Great work on what looked like an impossible project to start with. Colorado is the best place to find dry, high desert cars.

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been away, but we got the fender put on a little bit ago!

Hi everyone! How was Independence Day for you all? :usflag:

We got the engine put together the other day. The radiator is chinese made, so it was a bit of a pain to make it work, but it got done! We also put in and repaired the shroud, fuel pump, AC compressor, and the alternator. In theory... its drivable!

20230704_154235.jpg

20230704_154241.jpg

20230704_154246.jpg

20230704_154254.jpg

20230704_154859.jpg

Thanks for the update. I watched your videos from the prior posts and subscribed to your channel. Nice work!

Last edited:
I haven't drawn on paper since high school. It's been 7 years. Wile E. Coyote will be in a lab coat that says "super genius" on it, so keep an eye out for the Wile E. concept art for the car! :thumbsup:

20230720_101327.jpg

Hi everyone! We got the floor painted and the gas tank in! The tank belongs to a '77 four door. Turns out, those tanks can fit into a '74 two door, we just had to lengthen the fuel and vacuum lines but otherwise it was surprisingly a perfect fit!! What do you all think of the floor color?

20230921_181016.jpg

20230921_181018.jpg

20230921_181023.jpg

20230921_181034.jpg

20230921_181039.jpg

You folks are doing a good job on the car.
Have fun with it!

Auto Transport Service
Back