• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I miss talkin bout cars......

Locking threads gives us a chance to read over the threads without the content escalating while we are doing it. As I said. None of your concern.
No, not to poke the bear but it can certainly be construed as rude when someone asks a question and is met with the response you gave.
MOST of the Moderators here, maybe all, have always been more than fair to the members here. Other sites have some real bully types.
I see some members here taunt and openly criticize specific Moderators and wonder what they hope to achieve. The tolerance level of Cranky with one FBBO member is beyond belief.
Me? I do feel pissed when something I posted is deleted or a thread is locked but in almost every instance, I was given a fair explanation as to why.
THAT is the difference.
See, I can deal with a lot of crap in my life if I understand why it is happening. It is the unknown that really digs at me.
I'm sure that I am no different than most people.
The worst thing that a boss can say to me is Because I'm the boss, that's why.
This shows no respect for your own argument and no respect for the subordinates.
Since you did explain in this instance, I do appreciate and respect you for that.
Maybe to you, the "none of your concern" meant that I did nothing wrong and I need not worry but from my side, it looks like Piss off, you don't need to know.
I never had any problems with you as far as I can recall so it seemed unwarranted.
Thank you, carry on!

@toolmanmike it would have been better to post your need to review the thread just before pausing it as you described above. That would have prevented any hurt feelings or puzzled looks.

Fiender flares.
I do agree that the flares are not the best solution BUT the cost to tool up for wider quarter panels and all new fenders may have been more than FCA wanted to spend.

No, not to poke the bear but it can certainly be construed as rude when someone asks a question and is met with the response you gave.
MOST of the Moderators here, maybe all, have always been more than fair to the members here. Other sites have some real bully types.
I see some members here taunt and openly criticize specific Moderators and wonder what they hope to achieve. The tolerance level of Cranky with one FBBO member is beyond belief.
Me? I do feel pissed when something I posted is deleted or a thread is locked but in almost every instance, I was given a fair explanation as to why.
THAT is the difference.
See, I can deal with a lot of crap in my life if I understand why it is happening. It is the unknown that really digs at me.
I'm sure that I am no different than most people.
The worst thing that a boss can say to me is Because I'm the boss, that's why.
This shows no respect for your own argument and no respect for the subordinates.
Since you did explain in this instance, I do appreciate and respect you for that.
Maybe to you, the "none of your concern" meant that I did nothing wrong and I need not worry but from my side, it looks like Piss off, you don't need to know.
I never had any problems with you as far as I can recall so it seemed unwarranted.
Thank you, carry on!

@toolmanmike it would have been better to post your need to review the thread just before pausing it as you described above. That would have prevented any hurt feelings or puzzled looks.
Listen fellas, I was in the middle of another issue with another member. When KernDog asked me about closing the thread I shot from the hip and responded. Talk about lack of respect. He could have waited at least until I had typed my other response before ganging up on me. And as I said before, it was none of his concern. WE ARE DONE HERE!

I do agree that the flares are not the best solution BUT the cost to tool up for wider quarter panels and all new fenders may have been more than FCA wanted to spend.
Oh, how I long for the good ole days where a new design came out every year.

Wait...I have three or forty more questions on the matter...

The 4th word in your second paragraph is "governments". Now what part of that don't you understand that the content of your thread is political? We're done here.
Not so fast, definition boy.
My intent was not political in starting it - and if I recall correctly, you participated in the discussion
yourself at one point.
Since we're at it, the word "government" (by definition, the system by which a nation, state, or community is legally
established to be operated lawfully under
) is in and of itself not political.
The term "political" is defined as relating to the ideas or strategies of a particular party or group in politics.
There have been, and continue to be, countries' governments overseen by powers of no declared political persuasion,
after all.
I used the term in that generic, non-political party affiliated context in my original post.
Intentionally.
Further, the part of my original post also allowed for a theoretical "entity" to possibly have committed what I was
asking people to consider as well, too.
Heck, throw in a maniacal killer in there for good measure for that matter....

Point being, it wasn't the who in the scenario that was important; it was what has happened as a result that I was
drawing attention to, as a couple folks finally "got" eventually, thank God.

Now there appears to be yet another point, unintentional though it may have been at the time I wrote it:
It doesn't matter how hard one tries to keep politics out of something, how generic one tries to be in descriptions -
there will always be some who insist on seeing politics in ANYTHING, even if it was never intended to be there.
As you consequently have now, apparently.

NOW we're done....

what-in-the-crystal-meth-is-going-on-around-here-24422180.png

WOW, Boy did I ever get lost in this or ever expect any kind of left turn **** storm from any this!!!!!!
I may have to change my views on a certain Mod that I thought was a quite guy that seem to me to be another instigater of trouble?? I'd sure like to hope I'd like to think I'm wrong here, but that's only the beyond my control?
To keep it on topic, CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back