• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help with body glue

LEND

Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
Hi. What is the glue/goo used to stick the hood skin to hood frame. Im working on 68 power bulge. Thanks for the help.

you talking about the gobs to prevent the frame from vibrating on the out skin?

it looks like a blob of seem sealer. Im sandingthe hood and it the skin is flexing up and down.

from past experiance.. I put that stuff in spots last.. after prep.. I usually slide cardboard in between to keep the panel firm for blocking.. then theres no chance of getting a hump from the gobs.

Thats just me though..

keep in mind when. you do that.. prior to the two skins being mated that was applied.. just like doing door shins and using that stuff on the crash beams.. so you may have to wedge card board in between the skin and frame to get that stuff to have a simular result. it needs at least 24 hours to cure prior to any color.. some of that stuff in paintable..

Last edited:
great idea. i will try that. its hard to get the high/low spots when the hood keeps popping up and down.

great idea. i will try that. its hard to get the high/low spots when the hood keeps popping up and down.

thats a huge panel.. dont wedge to much cardboard in there where its driving it upwards.. you just want it to be firm and relaxed when you pull the card board out.. it should come out easy without any issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back