• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glue for vinyl top?

__Larsson____

Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
So i got a new vinyl top put on that car last autumn, noticed today in the garage that is has some air bubbles starting to show. I guess the glue wasnt put on as it should or something. So in the US what kind of glue do you use? What did they use in the 70s?
20211017_123826.jpg

Does anyone know where to get this in Canada? I have tried looking and cannot find anywhere and they will not ship to Canada.

I've always used 3M products. Contact your local body shop supplier.

I was told to fix bubbles in my fairly new top get a hypodermic needle and load with glue, Super Glue?, I don't know, and work the air out and glue in.

Some of the bubbles or lumps occur when the vinyl is being fitted if the vinyl is pulled back to reposition it tears the glue off the paint I have tried the syringe method with bear contact cement it works to an extent but does not harden properly due to lack of air bit like a sealed bottle of loctite

Auto Transport Service
Back