• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need some serious electrical help.

Ryguytoodry

Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
So, I'm rewiring my '65 Belvedere to run a single headlight only (track only car). But I couldn't get the steel connector out of the plastic housing for the headlight connection, ended up breaking it... Does anyone have one they could send me for cheap? Also, does anyone know how to remove the steel connector from the plastic housing? Thanks so much.

-Ryan

You can buy replacement head lamp plugs at most auto parts stores in the help section. I got a bunch from the local Pepboys.

Thanks Montclaire, also, how do you remove the light control connection in the dash, I couldn't figure it out...

If your referring to the metal connector in the plastic housing the metal connector has a tap that needs to be depressed for it to come out, a set of torch tip cleaners usually works well. Push the tip cleaner in the front of the connector while pushing the wire in the back usually does the trick (pushing the wire in takes the pressure off the tab so it is easier to compress).

Auto Transport Service
Back