• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I'm a dumbass

Bone

Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
I have a 67 coronet. Without factory sway bar. So I ordered a hotchkiss tvs system that has come in bits and pieces, I still don't have all of it including the sway bar. Any ways I was trying to get stuff welded up on the lca and I think I put the sway bar bracket in the wrong spot. Is this wrong. And if so did I just wreck a set of lca?

Yes I know I'm a dumbass for not waiting for the sway around to get here but I wanted to get the k member and lca power coaxed before pressing in the pivots and connecting everything.

IMG_1992.JPG

I think the mid to late 60's BBody sway mounts are located out further towards the ball joint. The ones mounted more in board are E body.

My 68 GTX is factory and it's out towards the ball joint.

Since you have an aftermarket kit I would hang the LCAs and sway and see where it needs to be welded on the LCA.

Cut it off and re-weld, nothing screwed up.

I think the mid to late 60's BBody sway mounts are located out further towards the ball joint. The ones mounted more in board are E body.

My 68 GTX is factory and it's out towards the ball joint.

Since you have an aftermarket kit I would hang the LCAs and sway and see where it needs to be welded on the LCA.

Cut it off and re-weld, nothing screwed up.

Agreed, no blood ... no foul. Get it hung and go from there. If you have to relocate them, you might just have a little clean up to do. In my book, you get points for enthusiasm and pro-activness. GL.

Thanks all
Can I have the pivot shafts pressed in and the have it powder coated as a unit?
Will the powder coat process damage the new bushings?

My machinist father made heavy stainless steel brackets that bolted to the lower shock bolt mounting, because welding was sort of unavailable to me back then. Worked perfectly, but that was with Addco sway bar on the 71 Dart.

Thanks all

I would have it powder coated then press bushing and shaft in. Shaft into the K-Frame should be bare, coating could be too much build.

Thanks all

You'll want to have all the machine work done BEFORE you get anything powder coated. Anything that cannot withstand 500 degrees can and will be damaged during the cure.

I'd also consider what your doing for brakes too. I converted my 69 Charger to the 70s style disc brakes where the sway bar mount needed moved back. Just

Auto Transport Service
Back