• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i think MoPar god hates me, just venting my problems sorry

benno440

Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
my 505 stroker in my 68 charger got the engine all in, then i somehow broke the wire inside the starter motor, then i had a p/steer leak then the battery died.

next the fuel couldnt get to the carbs, sorted this problem.

then last night looked under car and 3 very fine lines of oil are running down the scatter plate/belhousing and a single drop of oil hanging off the bellhousing, i am guessing the rear main seal, i only ran the motor for about 2 mins and it produced this, i cannot win.

please give me a break

I changed the rear main on my 440 and it leaked for a little while. I let it run and it seems to have stopped

Buck up bro....that's just how it ALWAYS works. Hang in there you will get it sorted out.

happens to all of us.anytime you get close to getting a project finnished it seems like every problem that can happen does!we can all feel your pain.

Don´t worry, it could be worse! After bringing my car back onto the road after 4 years of restoration following things happend:

1.) Brandnew flexplate broke because of the screws attaching it to the torque converter got loose. Bought heavy duty flex plate and new screws to fix it.

2.)
Original starter gave up. Replaced it with a high torque mini starter.

3.) Real bad backfire while doing a kick down caused from a push rod from an exhaust valve punching a hole thru the OEM rocker arm.Push rod from intake valve was bent too. Got new solid lifters, roller rockers,valve springs and push rods i replaced all the OEM parts with.

4.) New return line from power steering pump bursted and caused a real mess in the engine bay and a funny smell that stayed with the car for a good 2 weeks. Replaced the return line that bursted again. Replaced return line again and found out that the pump was the problem. Replaced that one as well.

5.) Hideaway headlight motor stopped working. Needed to replace the plastic gears in it.

6.) Remanufactured alternator gave up. Replaced witha new one to fix that problem.

7.) Camshaft failure probably a late follow up damage from the first rocker arm failure. A single cam was grinded flat. Had to replace the whole camshaft and a single solid lifter to get the car up´n running again.

8.) Wanted to show the performance of my car to a friend of mine. Did a kick down with transmission locked into first gear only to get a sound as if somebody just ripped the rear axle out oft he car and hammered it onto my cars roof at a rate of 100 hits per second. The Sure Grip thingy was toast after that. Got a nice Tru Trac differential to fix that.

9.) Parked the car in it´s garage during the winter only to discover that the new high flow fuel pump stopped working when i wanted to start the car again the first time next season. Had to get a new one to replace the damaged one.

10.) New master brake cylinder failure when pulling into a gas station and hitting the rear of a Peugeot 207SW. Luckily nobody was hurt and that did not cause any damage to my car. The rear oft he 207SW was toast tough. They couldn´t even get the spare tire out of it´s boot anymore. Got a remanufactured master brake only to have that one failing again a week later. Got a brandnew one by then since they started to reproduce it for my car.

11.) One of the brake cylinders of the back wheels failed pooring brake fluid all over the inside of my rim. Replaced the brake cylinder and had to get the wheel repainted.

12.) 2 year old batterie died and i had to get a new one.

13.) Wanted to drive the car to work in the morning after parking it for a month and discovered a flat tire.

That´s about it for the last two years. Still managed to move her a good 4000 miles and had loads of fun too. Still love it and know that there´s a lot of worse things that can happen in life besides a broken car.

Auto Transport Service
Back