• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 Poly Vibration

I'm the guy that sold you the motor. Sorry I didn't chime in, I just found this post. If you still haven't straightened it out yet check the throttle shaft for a vacuum leak. If the carb you are using is the one that came with that motor, I machined the carb base plate, and pressed in oil light bronze bushings to try and fix a pretty good vacuum leak on the worn shaft bushings. After I was done it was much better but not perfect. Also the MSD ingintion module I gave you, requires you to bypass the ballast resister on the fire wall to feed 12 volts to the module full time. Let me know if that helps.

Also like I said before if you still suspect a trans issue, I have the one that came off the motor that worked fine. Just come pick it up.......

It was definitely the new engine mounts that were bad.
Pulled them a few times, didn't show any signs of being bad, broken, defective, etc.

Put one of the old rock hard rubber mounts in and vibration reduced by 95%.
I'll swap the other 'new' mount as well.

Good info on the carb, thank you.

I sent you a text some time ago and you responded.
I was chasing my tail with new bad parts anyway.

I bought a new alternator soon after, it killed my battery within a day, thought battery was bad - nope, new alternator was not charging.

Auto Transport Service
Back