• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I thought I found another way....

After swapping the new radiator, shroud and Flowkooler water pump, the car runs exactly the same as before. That is not a bad thing because it never overheated before. I did this only because I am adding A/C and wanted to have an extra measure of confidence. The old setup had no shroud.

Interesting, thanks. I thought I had a little too much space around the fan blades after going back to my 5-blade mopar performance fan. I recently put a new more proper shroud in and the 7-blade RV fan I was using before didn't fit. The much lighter 5-blade seems to be getting it done, on the mildly hopped-up 440. There's no better test of a cooling system than down here in the valley! Except the full-on desert drivers. If it starts to get too hot I will bust out the grinder and 'fit' my RV fan, but not if I don't have to. I have an 18" 6-blade Derale steel clutch fan on my shelf, but daaang it weighs a hair over 4 lbs. Too heavy for my comfort. The 7-blade RV fan weighs in at 3, and I didn't even bother weighing the 5-blade..it feels like nothing compared to the others. Earlier, after a 30-minute trip running an errand and then sitting in the In-N-Out drive-thru, it measured 182 at the sender and 178 at the neck with the IR gun when I got home. Only 85 degrees out though. Gets to the 190s pretty easily on the 100+ days.

Sounds like temps are where they should be.

Auto Transport Service
Back