• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I want old school 60's exhaust sound!

koosh

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
383 roadrunner--- have flowmaster 40,s now, dont like.....do i want glasspacks? What kind/brand?
Thanks!

Glasspacks, yes !! Whichever brand you get, don't forget to burn them out with lighter fluid and install them backwards with no pipe after them !!!

Try super 10’s, make it sound like a real muscle car, not a sally *** Chevy with thrush haha

Flowmaster, I get them from summit racing. Very aggressive sound, every car show I go to “Now that’s what a muscle car should sound like”

A pair of 2 1/2" Cherry Bomb glass packs 12 to 14" and like posted above look down them and make sure you flip them around so the preferations are pointing out bound.
No tail pipes , and you must mount them directly under each front floor pan. It helps if at least one touches the bottom of the floor pan to get the full effect. :D

Yes you need them knocking on the floor pan so that you know your wire hanger is still holding it in place.

Flowmaster, I get them from summit racing. Very aggressive sound, every car show I go to “Now that’s what a muscle car should sound like”
Flowmaster? If i cannot stand their series 40 now, would i like the 10?

Dyno max. Super Turbos are the quiet ones, Ultra-Flows are louder...they roar at WOT. They aren't as loud and annoying as flowmasters but have the note you're looking for. Every new pickup/SUV/ and most new muscle cars run flowmasters (my Ram 5.7 has a 40 series) it's nice to hear something different once in a while...

Flowmaster? If i cannot stand their series 40 now, would i like the 10?
I had the 40’s took them off and gave them to a buddy. It wasn’t aggressive enough, not sure what you are looking for, loud and sounds nice? Had glasspacks but they sounded to much like a mud truck with open headers

Dyno max. Super Turbos are the quiet ones, Ultra-Flows are louder...they roar at WOT. They aren't as loud and annoying as flowmasters but have the note you're looking for. Every new pickup/SUV/ and most new muscle cars run flowmasters (my Ram 5.7 has a 40 series) it's nice to hear something different once in a while...
“Loud and Annoying” depends on what exhaust system you are running but the whole city block (all are retired) loves the sound of the super bee with super 10’s. My old roommate had glasspacks on his truck. Those were loud and annoying:drinks:

Purple Hornies now, then once you get tired of the beautiful "noise", you will be sure to choose something more conservative. My stock 318 with them:

DSC00055.jpg

Purple Hornies now, then once you get tired of the beautiful "noise", you will be sure to choose something more conservative. My stock 318 with them:

Kinda diggin those....

Auto Transport Service
Back