• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I was telling someone this story about Audioslave, I'll repeat here.

That's what I said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have a reading comprehension problem also. Walk away!!!!
No reading comprehension problem.

I'VE LIVED IT.

Don't you DARE tell me I don't understand it. Maybe YOU need to get your head smashed until you don't know who you are, then see how YOU feel about this.

My father had his face broken in seven places and his eye pulled out and returned to a full life. You think you're the person that ever had a problem. The world revolves in a bigger circle then just your life. How many people have died in your arms, **** you!!! This is about suicide not a hard fought recovery story.

My father had his face broken in seven places and his eye pulled out and returned to a full life. You think you're the person that ever had a problem. The world revolves in a bigger circle then just your life. How many people have died in your arms, **** you!!! This is about suicide not a hard fought recovery story.
Looks like you're the one who needs the reading comprehension lessons.

I contemplated suicide.

Repeatedly.

My post talked about my personal experiences - and **** YOU for trying to belittle what I've been through - but it also talked about society's need to return to mental health care, as a way to help prevent suicides on a whole - a return to actual CARE, support, God, and family, and guidance, instead of simply a pill or a shot. Did you bother to read that part? Apparently not.

Or maybe you feel guilty for not helping people enough to keep them from dying in your arms?

Try supporting others, instead of treating them like **** over things they've lived through. If this is your bedside manner...well....

Looks like you're the one who needs the reading comprehension lessons.

I contemplated suicide.

Repeatedly.

My post talked about my personal experiences - and **** YOU for trying to belittle what I've been through - but it also talked about society's need to return to mental health care, as a way to help prevent suicides on a whole - a return to actual CARE, support, God, and family, and guidance, instead of simply a pill or a shot. Did you bother to read that part? Apparently not.

Or maybe you feel guilty for not helping people enough to keep them from dying in your arms?

Try supporting others, instead of treating them like **** over things they've lived through. If this is your bedside manner...well....
I do hospice as a volunteer, walk away.

I do hospice as a volunteer
Then you really need to check your attitude when talking to people you don't even know, have never met, and have no idea what they've been through.

Let me know where you volunteer, so I know where NOT to recommend. Again - if THIS is your bedside manner, you'd be best off staying home and not "helping" anyone at all.

I only talk like an asshole when I'm talking to one. You started by telling us how screwed up people are that committed suicide, that really needed compassion and then go into this story how brave you are. When I grow up I want to be just like you. You knowing about me, where I've been or the circles I run in. I run deeper than some car that can never begin to bring me true happiness.

You knowing about me, where I've been or the circles I run in
Right back at ya. You know nothing about me, and the way you're behaving here I'm glad you weren't one of the people around me when I needed help.

Right back at ya. You know nothing about me, and the way you're behaving here I'm glad you weren't one of the people around me when I needed help.
I know everything I need to know about you when you insulted the death of a suicide victim. Now you want compassion for your story. You're a sad little man.

Not asking for compassion at all. I've beat my demons, with the help of people who loved me, and people who actually gave of themselves to help me succeed. Not some keyboard warrior on a car site, with a holier than thou attitude because they volunteer.

I lost my mother 31 years ago to suicide. She was neither a coward or a pussy. She fought as long as she could. Mental illness is a true disease and until you have lost a loved one and actually understand the fight they have been through I don’t think that’s a fair statement. She would have loved to meet her grandchildren and her children’s spouses. Some the drugs they prescribe are actually worse for people with issues.

Not asking for compassion at all. I've beat my demons, with the help of people who loved me, and people who actually gave of themselves to help me succeed. Not some keyboard warrior on a car site, with a holier than thou attitude because they volunteer.
You win, you're officially my hero....

Some the drugs they prescribe are actually worse for people with issues.
My point exactly.
until you have lost a loved one and actually understand the fight they have been through I don’t think that’s a fair statement
So, going through it myself, I guess I don't understand it...because...what? Because I didn't kill myself? How's THAT work??

I have immense sympathy for those left behind. No question about it.

But until YOU are the one going through it, YOU have no idea the fight that is involved. None. What you see from the outside - what you are ALLOWED to see (because the majority of it is kept inside, no matter what you think you know) - is NOTHING compared to the internal struggles and debates and fear and pain and self-loathing.

And NO, I will NEVER apologize for surviving; for beating it.

Ever.

I guess since there's no proof - no body, no guy with a .38 caliber hole in his skull - then it didn't happen? **** that. Nobody has ANY idea what its like, except someone who has been through it. Observers? Don't truly know **** about it. Until you live it, you have no idea. I've had friends kill themselves - the view from outside is NOTHING like living it yourself.

Maybe instead of poo-poohing people who beat it - who survived - maybe try asking those people what it's REALLY like. Maybe THAT, can help you help other people not "die in your arms". Because those who DO kill themselves? Can't help you stop the next one.

But maybe some insight from a survivor can.

I’m glad you won your battle. I have an issue with you saying the ones that have lost their battle are lesser than you. Do you know how many veterans have taken their own lives? They are not pussys. They have seen **** you couldn’t imagine. Sometimes it’s the only way to stop the pain you have. Selfish? Perhaps. I can just about guarantee they wished for a better way to cope. The human brain is wired differently for every person. Painting with a very broad brush isn’t realistic. Sometimes it’s better just not to say anything. It’s a very sensitive subject for many people. I don’t know you and I wish you the best. Mike.

But you calling those who didn't make it cowards has nothing to do with your last post and for some negates the value of anything else that comes out of your mouth.
Nobody had anything at all against you except the disrespect for those who didn't win the fight. Why is that disrespect necessary? You winning the fight for your life is enough on it's own.

So 100 people try to climb Mount Everest.

99 fall at some point or turn back because it was just too hard, they didn't have the strength to go on, or the equipment/tools they needed.

1 guy makes it and he's a hero, the rest are just pussies and cowards.

That's basically what's being said by someone here. Wow.

My point exactly.

So, going through it myself, I guess I don't understand it...because...what? Because I didn't kill myself? How's THAT work??

I have immense sympathy for those left behind. No question about it.

But until YOU are the one going through it, YOU have no idea the fight that is involved. None. What you see from the outside - what you are ALLOWED to see (because the majority of it is kept inside, no matter what you think you know) - is NOTHING compared to the internal struggles and debates and fear and pain and self-loathing.

And NO, I will NEVER apologize for surviving; for beating it.

Ever.

I guess since there's no proof - no body, no guy with a .38 caliber hole in his skull - then it didn't happen? **** that. Nobody has ANY idea what its like, except someone who has been through it. Observers? Don't truly know **** about it. Until you live it, you have no idea. I've had friends kill themselves - the view from outside is NOTHING like living it yourself.

Maybe instead of poo-poohing people who beat it - who survived - maybe try asking those people what it's REALLY like. Maybe THAT, can help you help other people not "die in your arms". Because those who DO kill themselves? Can't help you stop the next one.

But maybe some insight from a survivor can.
Is this still about you and not those that are not here like you are. Good for you. I miss my son everyday and with every fiber in my body. Thank God I'm not in front of you now.

That example just shows that one person had shear will and determination. While the others just said “screw it”!

Touching, thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back