• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I went to a preview of a government auction today.

SteveSS

Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Man if you want a white truck this is the place for you. Lots of 2500's Ford, Chevy, Ram. Lots of Ford Rangers, SUVs and cars. A few Tahoes and Expeditions. Saw some Police Interceptor Ford SUVs. A lot of backhoes and dump trucks. Quite a few wrecked police vehicles. I'd never been to one. I had just seen and heard about them on the internet. Bidding is by internet tomorrow. I'll let you know what kind of prices there were.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Were the BH's and DT's white too??

Okay, the one truck I was interested in was a '01 Ram 2500 4x4 standard cab with a V10. It had 86,000 miles. It was pretty slick but it was a work truck, not a fancy one. It sold for $7,750 so about $8K with auction expenses and taxes. A similar V8 with more miles sold similarly. A 2001 2500 2WD with 80K miles, standard cab V10 sold for $3,000. Most full-size trucks were similar and the prices went up as they were newer. I wanted something I could haul my car and trailer with. Overall I didn't think there were any great bargains but I'm pretty cheap. 2wd just doesn't make a lot of sense in Colorado.

Here is the completed auction page. Go to page 4 for trucks.

I thought about getting that Zodiac-type boat to run the rapids here in Colorado but my friend said I'd end up killing myself.

Auto Transport Service
Back