• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify brake booster

Sam69sat

Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone identify this booster from the pics? Supposedly came off a 69 b body. Would it be the same booster used on a 67 b body like a gtx/coronet rt?
01414_9OuITldPX0E_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

It may have well come off a 69 b body but I believe it's not the same as a 67 coronet R/T 440 ci or hemi. I believe the style you're looking for is more like a pancake (kinda flat looking) and shorter (distance from firewall to m/c). I believe it would be the same crimped style as opposed to the band style. This is all based on my memory which has failed me before so lets wait and see what others say.

It's a power disc brake bendix.. but are the 69s the same as 67? The 67s were jacked up and out on a bracket. Stud sizes might be different.
On a 67, they used a manual brake stiffener plate.
I was referring to the 67 440+ hemi, the 383s were mounted flat without the bracket.

This Bendix dual diaphragm power booster was generally used on disc brake cars. The Hemi booster had 3/8" mounting studs to the bracket. 440 boosters only had 5/16" studs, and the stud pattern was different than the Hemi piece. The Hemi style booster bracket was used in 440 cars only in 1967. For 1968 and up, the booster was bolted directly to the firewall. My 1967 440 R/T was originally a non-power drum brake car. I sourced a 4-piston disc brake setup and booster off a 1969 Charger and installed it on my car. I mounted the booster on the firewall, without a bracket, as it was on the Charger. Every thing has worked fine for over 30 years, and no one has called me out for not having the proper booster bracket.

This Bendix dual diaphragm power booster was generally used on disc brake cars. The Hemi booster had 3/8" mounting studs to the bracket. 440 boosters only had 5/16" studs, and the stud pattern was different than the Hemi piece. The Hemi style booster bracket was used in 440 cars only in 1967. For 1968 and up, the booster was bolted directly to the firewall. My 1967 440 R/T was originally a non-power drum brake car. I sourced a 4-piston disc brake setup and booster off a 1969 Charger and installed it on my car. I mounted the booster on the firewall, without a bracket, as it was on the Charger. Every thing has worked fine for over 30 years, and no one has called me out for not having the proper booster bracket.

I have a 67 R/T with 11" drums. The front half of the booster the master cylinder bolts to is missing and i was looking for something to replace it with. I guess i need to look at what's left of my booster and see if i can identify what it is. Think that booster in the pic would work with my 11" drums? Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back