• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identifying my power steering pump

62 Dart Convertible

Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys

While I'm ordering so many parts for my car, I thought I would order a spare power steering pump for just in case. From the info I found, I know I have a Thompson (or TRW) pump, but there seems to be several different variations.

Using this link - http://www.cardone.com/find-parts/vehicle-parts-listing?make=Dodge&model=Polara&year=1962
I see there is either the hex or plain shaft difference which is obvious, but what would be the difference between 318/exc 318 models?

I can't be sure my pump is the original to the 413, or if it was a 318 pump to begin with unless somebody can tell me how to tell the difference.

Anybody able to fill in the blanks?

Thanks for the link and info.

Helps add confusion too as they list 2 different types of TRW pumps, Cardone list 3 ?!

Their list of power steering hoses is like so many parts suppliers too - it's as if there were no B-Bodies in 1962.

Auto Transport Service
Back