• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you were going to get an A body, then

Here is my 70 340 4 speed with the 71-72 stripes. Just can't stand the 70 stripe!
DSC_0044.jpg

In late 1969 I worked at the C-P dealer in Langhorne, PA, Davenport's. We got in a 1970 Duster. 318-2BBL, 3 speed floor shifter, manual steering and brakes. It had rubber floor mats and probably not much insulation. Even with just the 318 it felt like a nasty little car!

I don't have the extra room

But;

I've been saying for a while now I want a 68 Dart GTS, lil' mini RR
(pref. a 383 4 speed)
or a 68 Barracuda Formula S, I pref. the fastback style too
(again pref. 383 4 speed)

I'd still take/do either a base model 67-69 Dart/Barracuda
& make it my own
do a mini tub & probably some suspension upgrades
so I could get some actual tires under it/them
I actually prefer the Hard Tops of almost any body styles,
not exactly sure why (?), it just does something more for me...

I've had a couple 70-71 Dusters
& a 71 Demon, I traded to my stepdad Bob,
he wanted a good milage car & it was a 3 on the tree slant 6...
Just to get his/really my moms 68 Sport Sat. 383 4 speed
he bought ordered new for my mom "new in Nov. 1967"

I think there were more 70's style built thou
maybe easier & probably cheaper (?) to get parts for
the 70-75 era (probably more so 72-75-ish)
I'd roll in a 70-71 Dart or Swinger too...
I'm just partial to 1968 especially...
Something about that year 1968 across the board from MoPar
just had all the stuff I liked, B & A bodies...

I've had far more B bodies than anything, almost all 68-70
& most were 1968's

To answer the OP's question, I have always been partial to 340-powered '68-'69 Darts and '70-'71 Dusters. I've had MANY A-Bodies over the years. I have 5 currently. Need to thin the herd though...probably going to put the Swinger up for sale at some point this year.
F4_70_Pair_IMG_0049.JPG
20190210_143922.jpg

I think its hard to beat a 71 340 duster. The grill, stripes, black hood w 340 call out. Been trying to finish our curious yellow 71 340 4 speed duster for decades. Problem being they weren't very well made and rusted bad, and although our 71 is pretty far along, we took every bolt out an have to figure out what goes where:rolleyes::cursin::screwy:
Also have a 76 dart sport E-58 360hp. It's much rarer then the 71, and a neat car for that reason.. but doesn't have the appeal as a 71.
Last year we've been trying to get our 65 dartgt on the road again. I have a history with thIS dart that goes back into the 80s. Always liked that it shared some similiar lines to the maxwedge era b bodies. We went with a 383 thinking it would make the car more interesting....should be fun when we get it done.

20210220_171023.jpg

Last edited:
I love my ratted out 69 Dart GT. I dropped a 440 in years ago. A full resto was planned but my buddy that is doing the body now has to get surgery. My Dart is on the back burner for now
Dartvader2.jpg

So Now I'm on my C-body 67 Plymouth wagon.

67 Fury wagon 1.jpg

I wanted this so bad I could taste, just wasnt in the cards.

20130426_111910.jpg

Last edited:
After the Charger is done I'll be on the lookout for a 70-71 Duster. I would also consider a 72. I also wouldn't mind a 68-69 Cuda fastback...

After the Charger is done I'll be on the lookout for a 70-71 Duster. I would also consider a 72. I also wouldn't mind a 68-69 Cuda fastback...
A man of impeccable taste and style!
:thumbsup:

Difficult choices though:D. Darts too.

The red Dart in the picture is a real LO23 car in the Winnipeg area.
There is an LO23 car in the Saskatoon area. It was white, but now has the nostalgic Gene's colours.

My '67 notch back , 440 - 727 . Have had 3 Barracudas and a Dart .
DSCN0670.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back