• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you were going to get an A body, then

I love my ratted out 69 Dart GT. I dropped a 440 in years ago. A full resto was planned but my buddy that is doing the body now has to get surgery. My Dart is on the back burner for now
.View attachment 1230976
So Now I'm on my C-body 67 Plymouth wagon.

View attachment 1230978
All that car (Dart) needs is to be minitubbed. I wouldnt change a thing on it!!!

I like 67-72 darts of any kind (not 4 doors). They are all cool.
383 gts cars are especially cool, and anything with a factory 4 speed.
2nd pick would be 67-69 fastback barracudas.

Last edited:
Can’t we include ‘73?

in that case ‘73 Dart sport Convertriple 340/4speed with a sunroof

21F1E7E0-FEF3-4DE5-B639-8CA673D22EFF.jpeg

Last edited:
Can’t we include ‘73?

in that case ‘73 Dart sport Convertriple 340/4speed with a sunroof

The dreaded "Beaker" or "Beak-Nosed" Darts... Probably the very reason that the OP made '72 the cut-off date... :D

I had a similar car except with a 727 and it was red with a white gut and white halo top back in the early eighties. It was a pretty decent car but I never could warm up to that nose so it made an early exit from the fleet...

The dreaded "Beaker" or "Beak-Nosed" Darts... Probably the very reason that the OP made '72 the cut-off date... :D

I had a similar car except with a 727 and it was red with a white gut and white halo top back in the early eighties. It was a pretty decent car but I never could warm up to that nose so it made an early exit from the fleet...

I like the nose. I like the ‘73 front end best out of all of them. Hate the ’75/‘76 recessed beak grille though

I sure like the tail ends of the 73 and newer cars.
Dart sport.jpg

All that car (Dart) needs is to be minitubbed. I wouldnt change a thing on it!!!
A few people have said that but I would like it looking like a new factory original car.

To answer the OP's question, I have always been partial to 340-powered '68-'69 Darts and '70-'71 Dusters. I've had MANY A-Bodies over the years. I have 5 currently. Need to thin the herd though...probably going to put the Swinger up for sale at some point this year.
View attachment 1230731 View attachment 1230732

Any more pics of the Duster? The wheel and tire setup looks great

Any more pics of the Duster? The wheel and tire setup looks great
Thanks. I don't have a lot of pics of this car even though I have owned it for close to 20 years. It was a Grandma-fresh leaning tower of power car with a 904 and a 7.25" when I bought it. I mini-tubbed it and converted to a 340/A833/8.75" w/ 4.30's. Factory air car which I converted to a Sanden compressor. Interior is super nice and all original except for the carpeting which had to be changed out when I added the A833 and tunnel hump. It's just a fun driver grade toy.

IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG

Thanks. I don't have a lot of pics of this car even though I have owned it for close to 20 years. It was a Grandma-fresh leaning tower of power car with a 904 and a 7.25" when I bought it. I mini-tubbed it and converted to a 340/A833/8.75" w/ 4.30's. Factory air car which I converted to a Sanden compressor. Interior is super nice and all original except for the carpeting which had to be changed out when I added the A833 and tunnel hump. It's just a fun driver grade toy.

View attachment 1231754 View attachment 1231755

Man that's exactly what I'm looking for...a nice original car that doesn't have to be perfect but put a nice drivetrain combo and mini tub it and drive the wheels off of it!

I agree on the '68 LO23 Dart but I ended up with this one even though I wasn't really looking. I had built a 74 Duster and a 72 Dart for my sons. My son with the Duster has gotten busy with work, school and life in general so I ended up getting the Duster back. This happened about the same time that I picked up a '72 Satellite racecar project for a good deal. The Duster has a 318 4 brl, 904, 8 1/4 limited slip. The Satellite has .060 over 440, manual shift 727. The drivetrain from the Satellite is going in the Duster along with a '67 b body Dana 60, Super Stock springs and a set of old polished 15x3.5" & 15X10" Centerline Auto Drags that I had laying around. The Duster drivetrain will end up in my friends '69 Barracuda. Nothing like adding another project to the mix.

KIMG2025 (2).JPG
72 20 (2).JPG
72 19.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back