• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition conversion problem......

If I knew what the primary resistance is for the pickup, I could tell if its bad. Yet, I can't find any documentation on it. Anyone have one laying around they can test for me?

If I knew what the primary resistance is for the pickup, I could tell if its bad. Yet, I can't find any documentation on it. Anyone have one laying around they can test for me?
I do. I will check and get back to you shortly.

IMG_4171.JPG

Rotor installed?
Sounds like the only possibility

If you check the resistance at the 4,5 pins of the ECU connection it should be 150 to 900 ohms. If you check the resistance at the terminals for the pickup it should be 400 to 600 ohms. That's how I see it.

If you check the resistance at the 4,5 pins of the ECU connection it should be 150 to 900 ohms. If you check the resistance at the terminals for the pickup it should be 400 to 600 ohms. That's how I see it.

Ok I have 248 ohms directly through the pickup at the connector. Is that too low then?

I can post pictures of the whole section if you think it will help.

Seems so. I'll go out and check the pickups I have. They are known good ones. It's about 34 degrees F here.

Auto Transport Service
Back