• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition lock cylinder/switch help

Reveye

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot......When re wiring my 66 coronet, I had to remove the ignition switch from the dash. When I took the outer bezel off and pulled the switch out, a little ring fell out in several pieces. I believe this ring goes between the bezel and the lock cylinder itself and holds the cylinder in the switch. Now when I put it back in, with it mounted in the dash, the lock cylinder pulls straight out thru the bezel on the outside of the dash. Does anyone know where I can get whatever ring I need, that keeps the lock cylinder in place in the switch??

Jim

I would try talking to a locksmith first but the ring just may be a standard snap ring that you could find at an old fashioned hardware store.

I'm not sure why a locksmith would have anything to do with how the switch is mounted in the dash, but hey, I'll try anything. I'm just surprised that, with all the Mopar talent here, that nobody here knows anything about this.......

Auto Transport Service
Back