• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition wire set type. Help please

Guido

Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone could suggest what type of wire set I could used for a 72' Big block Chrysler w/ electronic ignition. The ones l ordered from jegs and summit are about a thousand miles too long. Although they're functional, they're pretty messy looking. I need standard type wires for a female distributor cap. It's not an HEI. I dont want to cut them to length myself...hoping to find a set 8mm or bigger at reasonable price range around $50.00 I'm fairly new to Chrysler and haven't had much luck getting answers to my questions. been reading a lot. So...anyone got any ideas? I cant be the first one who has this problem. thanks Thanks to everyone who replied...I'm new to this site and still learning how to navigate. look like those "firecore 50" are for HEI? I'm running the stock electronic ignition. or maybe i miss-understood the reply. I'll keep looking. someone said "Blue streak" maybe thats the answer for me...I didn't realize that $50 was so cheap...lol thought I was being reasonalble. Heh Heh

Last edited:
RockAuto
Standard Motor Products Blue Streak
Should go right on.

You're not going to get much for $50. You can get a set that works but for how long. Then you have to replace them and how much have you spent?

My first set on my newly built 440 were MSD and they were falling off during my cam break in. Worst time for that to happen. Pure junk! The connectors inside the boots had no memory. Push them on the plug, they opened up and stayed that way. Then as they warmed up the boot would back off the plug and loose connection. Good thing MSD doesn't make toilet paper!

Firecore :thumbsup:

thank u for reply...all the firecore i looked at were for HEI. or did i miss something? thanks man

You're not going to get much for $50. You can get a set that works but for how long. Then you have to replace them and how much have you spent?

My first set on my newly built 440 were MSD and they were falling off during my cam break in. Worst time for that to happen. Pure junk! The connectors inside the boots had no memory. Push them on the plug, they opened up and stayed that way. Then as they warmed up the boot would back off the plug and loose connection. Good thing MSD doesn't make toilet paper!

Firecore :thumbsup:

thanks bro...didn't know I was being so cheap... Heh Heh. I guess I'll have to look around some more. I put less than 400 miles a year on this car.

Another vote for Firecore. I just bought a set through Mancini, $90. They are pre-fit, and look and work awesome. Best $90 I’ve spent so far. I also saw where Rick had listed sets of Mopar Performance small block sets for $25, so we bought a couple sets of those as well!

E7DCCAE3-3724-4D36-8D29-2D4061D44536.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back