• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignorant People

Shaking with absolute rage after reading this.

AAkvHDd.img
© Department of Defense/AP Photo This undated photo provided by the Fort Hood, Texas Press Center shows U.S. Army Sgt. John W. Perry of Stockton, Calif. The Department of Defense said Monday, Nov. 14, 2016, that Perry died Saturday, Nov. 12 from injuries…
STOCKTON, Calif. -- The father of a soldier who was killed last weekend in Afghanistan was disappointed and hurt after airline passengers booed him and his family as they flew to meet his son's remains.

Stewart Perry, an ex-Marine who lives in Stockton, said the ordeal left him feeling disrespected.

"It was really disgusting on the passengers' part," he said Friday.

His son, Sgt. John Perry, was one of two killed in an explosion at a United States airbase on Nov. 12. He was honored at a memorial service in Lodi on Thursday and will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

John Perry, 30, and Pfc. Tyler R. Iubelt of Tamaroa, Illinois, died from their injuries after the attack by an apparent suicide bomber at the Bagram Airfield at about 5:30 a.m. local time.

The Department of Defense said this week that the blast also took the lives of two U.S. contractors working on the base. Sixteen other U.S. service members and one Polish soldier participating in a NATO mission were wounded.

Perry was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Special Troops Battalion, 1st Sustainment Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas. He was at the base supporting Operation Freedom's Sentinel.

An avid runner, he had been preparing to participate in a 5K run at the base in northeast Afghanistan as part of a post-Veterans Day activity to benefit disabled veterans.

Stewart Perry said he, his wife, Kathy, and daughter were flying on an American Airlines flight from Sacramento on Monday to Philadelphia, with a quick transfer in Phoenix. From Philadelphia, they traveled to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to receive his son's remains.

For unknown reasons, Perry said, the flight to Phoenix was 45 minutes late. The crew feared the delay might cause the Perrys miss their connecting flight.

So, when the plane landed in Phoenix, the captain made an announcement for all passengers to remain seated and to let a "special military family" exit the aircraft first, Perry said.

Several passengers in first class began to boo and complain, Perry said.

"Some people were saying 'This is just baloney,' and 'I paid for first-class for this?' "

He said American Airlines "did everything they could" to accommodate his family.

Perry and his family made their connecting flight, and the pilot in Phoenix stayed at the gate for 40 minutes to make sure they made it on board.

Perry said he does not know if the passengers from Sacramento knew there was a Gold Star family on board, nor does he know if there was a similar reaction from people sitting in coach.

"It was just disgusting behavior from people in first class; it was terrible to see," Perry said. "You could see the disappointment from the flight crew."

The real focus, Perry said, should be on the heroics of his son. The husband and father of two young children died a hero.

"He made a decision that saved a lot of people," Perry said. "I was told that he was found protecting a female soldier. ... He didn't get to live a full life

[/QUOTE]

i can tell you right where it went alllll wrong.
when the pilot said a " special " military family.
he should have Clarified that statement and then people would have at least Acted human.
the second he said that word special,
the rest of them stopped listening and said to themselves,
"hey! im special what about me! "
truly the worlds becoming so self centered nowadaze..

these low life whiney lib tard idiots should be dropped in a third world country or shot like the dirt bag scum suckers they are

these low life whiney lib tard idiots should be dropped in a third world country or shot like the dirt bag scum suckers they are
How do you know they were quote liberals? The fact is you don't so Keep your opinions to yourself. My relative through marriage lost his dad KIA. This guy is a member of the Gold Star family's and very active within that organization. He is also the biggest liberal I know and nobody is more patriot and involved with other vets than him. If there is anything that puts a hair up my *** more than those ******** on that plane its when I got to read people making assumptions. Ruined my f-day

i can tell you right where it went alllll wrong.
when the pilot said a " special " military family.
he should have Clarified that statement and then people would have at least Acted human.
the second he said that word special,
the rest of them stopped listening and said to themselves,
"hey! im special what about me! "
truly the worlds becoming so self centered nowadaze..
BINGO! Had he substituted Gold Star for "special", things would have been a LOT different.

I wasn't there but I have to think that these people didn't know what was happening and/or didn't know the whole story. Hopefully as the captain on that flight something was said. Personally if I informed the passengers what was happening and there was booing, I'd go back there and start kicking people off the jet. Yes, captains have that power.
It was a little late for that as they had already landed at their destination.

This is what people do. That is the Human Race. Ignorant and Worthless. Manners and Respect have all gone away.

If Swillary would have won the election there would not have been any booing. Once Trump was elected, all the military became something to be loathed. It is all a matter of who is in control. Libs are small, petty people.
When zero was inaugurated some military jets flew over and some started to boo, then someone yelled those are "our jets now" and people started to cheer. What those passengers did was inexcusable.

It actually only takes one or a few to do something like this and then get everyone bent out of shape.

Seems to me that ignorance comes with wealth. Me, I'd have been giving the first class section the finger as I walked past the doorway
They were ignorant BEFORE they became wealthy. I know a few who became wealthy and they did a few stupid pet tricks after but it didn't take them long to realize it. I mean who doesn't do that. 'Here, hold my beer and watch this' sort of stuff. They never lost their appreciation for something like this....

Freaken' sad, just freaken' completely sad !!

LLLLLLLosers

I am am big guy not wealthy and I fly only first class....that being said I would have gotten into trouble for my response to the uninformed booing jerk offs.:mad:

How do you know they were quote liberals? The fact is you don't so Keep your opinions to yourself. My relative through marriage lost his dad KIA. This guy is a member of the Gold Star family's and very active within that organization. He is also the biggest liberal I know and nobody is more patriot and involved with other vets than him. If there is anything that puts a hair up my *** more than those ******** on that plane its when I got to read people making assumptions. Ruined my f-day
well aren't you special !!

I wasn't there but I have to think that these people didn't know what was happening and/or didn't know the whole story. Hopefully as the captain on that flight something was said. Personally if I informed the passengers what was happening and there was booing, I'd go back there and start kicking people off the jet. Yes, captains have that power.

They do things like that on airplanes, for good reason. The dickheads should have been made to wait till everyone de-boarded.

All in all not sure how to write anything on this thread, I'm disappointed in some people, I may look at this different. My dad served, came home injured. Hes baried in rows of white graves. Reading this made tears roll down my face. people need to stop thinking of themselves. I was 16 when I heard guns go off at his funeral. I remember it like yesterday. It takes special people from special families to give up everything for others. My mom died shortly after. Finished high school living with friends. Takes more special people to take in others kids. If you can't back up s couple steps and let people go first. Then who are you ? Those kinda people are special. I'm not perfect but not one day gos by I don't think about people I can't call or say hi to because they gave there lives for a cause they thought was more important then there lives. Sorry I read this thread a couple times and had to say something. They will live with this forever.

Surprised to hear this is what the passengers did. I used to have to fly almost every other week and often encountered a message from the flight crew to allow military members to deplane first and never recall any whining about it. Have to wonder where this has anything to do with one's political party of preference? I know some fine people who are Democrats and also some who are Republican...then I know some idiots who are Democrat and some who are Republican...being nice or jerky knows no political preference.

Surprised to hear this is what the passengers did. I used to have to fly almost every other week and often encountered a message from the flight crew to allow military members to deplane first and never recall any whining about it. Have to wonder where this has anything to do with one's political party of preference? I know some fine people who are Democrats and also some who are Republican...then I know some idiots who are Democrat and some who are Republican...being nice or jerky knows no political preference.
Thank you. Its starting to get a little ridiculous.

Auto Transport Service
Back