• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignore feature

DeltaV

Endeavor to persevere
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:08 PM
Reaction score
The ignore feature could be even better if you could see how many people are ignoring another member. Not which member is ignoring them, but how many members are ignoring them. Also, have a profile feature that shows a member how many members are ignoring them. Maybe make these features available only to gold members?

Can you make it do one can ignore whomever he wishes independently for each of the several forums?

For example, ignore someone in the PF who isn't very interesting but not ignore them in other areas where they're actually contributing to the hobby.

Can you make it do one can ignore whomever he wishes independently for each of the several forums?

I don't think so, but I'll look around.

The ignore feature could be even better if you could see how many people are ignoring another member.

I'll see what I can do, but I don't know If I want that to become a badge of honor - know what I mean?

Why would anyone care?

Last edited:
I'll see what I can do, but I don't know If I want that to become a badge of honor - know what I mean?

Oh come on Joey, you know some that will be Damm glad to wear it!

That's why I didn't suggest a RED X count be displayed for each member.
:rofl:

To me this sounds similar to early teen girls all agreeing to make a decision to dislike another for example. I have thought of giving out some red X, but would do a pm instead.

I dunno if it's a function of the site architecture or more human in cause....but an example of what can go "wrong"
with all this is my own "Reactions" - specifically, the indicated # of Disagrees (red x's) versus the actual number.
The displayed amount is currently 105; the actual number is 26.

Further, when the site was recently updated, this is what I was presented with:
moparedtn reactions.png
Yep, that says 8,198....
I sent in a support email at that time requesting it be corrected and whoever on Admin decided to
handle it randomly reset it to an even 100.
I've sent in emails more than once since requesting the damn thing be corrected to the obvious number
(since it's simple to count the listings of the actual Disagrees as displayed on that page).

To date....no response, just like with the recent problem with the birthday box on the main page.
So - do I hold much hope of the powers that be actually handling some of you alls' suggestions totally
objectively?
Not much, no. Obvious reasons...

Dang, it looks like I have fat-fingered 21 red Xs.

:mob:

Auto Transport Service
Back