• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm a defector ! But 2 out of 3 B's ain't bad....

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
As a few here are already aware, I have wanted a '69 Dodge Dart since I was 15 years old.. way back in '77. For the past 30+ years the wife and I have always joked that if we left the Bird and Bee alone in the dark and some soft music on that they might make us a Dart.

Well that day has come! Done deal last night at 6PM on a T5 Swinger. Picking her up on Wednesday, hopefully, all safetied, plated and ready to roll into the shop.

This car is just what I need to "tinker on" after the 4 year / 3000 hour restoration on my numbers Bee. This cars fender tag was stolen (like many) during paint and there's no broadcast sheet..... so it's a blank slate to do what ever I please with her!

340-4, cam supposed to be 484 lift with good rockers. Fresh auto w/2800 stall and a 3.55 Sure-grip in the back. Just happen to have a set of '69 Dart "more pedals" in my life long spares that may work their way into her in time...
6138024 (3).jpg
6138024 (6).jpg
6138024 (7).jpg
6138024 (8).jpg
6138024 (24).jpg
1968gtxqq1 051.JPG
1968gtxqq1 052.JPG
1968gtxqq1 053.JPG
6138024 (17).jpg

Last edited:
As a few here are already aware, I have wanted a '69 Dodge Dart since I was 15 years old.. way back in '77. For the past 30+ years the wife and I have always joked that if we left the Bird and Bee alone in the dark and some soft music on that they might make us a Dart.

Well that day has come! Done deal last night at 6PM on a T5 Swinger. Picking her up on Wednesday, hopefully, all safetied, plated and ready to roll into the shop.

This car is just what I need to "tinker on" after the 4 year / 3000 hour restoration on my numbers Bee. This cars fender tag was stolen (like many) during paint and there's no broadcast sheet..... so it's a blank slate to do what ever I please with her!

340-4, cam supposed to be 484 lift with good rockers. Fresh auto w/2800 stall and a 3.55 Suretrac in the back. Just happen to have a set of '69 Dart "more pedals" in my life long spares that may work their way into her in time...
View attachment 1031979 View attachment 1031982 View attachment 1031983 View attachment 1031984 View attachment 1031985 View attachment 1031986 View attachment 1031987 View attachment 1031988 View attachment 1031989
You know you have a friend in me. I am really having a hard time not loving the other family members Duster and Dart.

Oh, hell yeah!
I LOVE the 67-69 Darts. My first car was a 69 Dart 2 door 318. I used to lust after another '69 in the color combo of yours. It was in a storage yard a few miles from my house.Swinger 340 car too! I'd ride my bike past there and stop and dream of owning it. I was never able to talk with the owner. I ended up buying another one. Several years later, like 25-28 years, the car resurfaced on ebay. The background looked just like the neighborhood it was in when I used to ride by it. I didn't know that it had remained in the area all that time.

While the B's are my favorite, I sure have a blast burning around in my 70 Duster 4-speed with a 408 stroker. I am kind of biased, but the color combo of your Dart is one of the best - hope you aren't planning on changing that.

I thought my 70 440 Charger was fast until I came across a 69 340 Swinger---still looking for my doors.
He was running about the same specs as yours but 3.91s.
Congratulations, nice looking car.

My friend has a 69 Dart GTS 383 4 speed car,I found it for him in the local auto trader in 1985 for $900.00! Its like driving a 3/4 scale Road Runner. Nice find on the swinger,cool color combo.

Nice car. As you can guess by my screen name, I had a T7 Barracuda for about 25 years before I bought the Charger.

Me at St. Thomas.jpg

Daaaaamn that color combo pops. Love 69's. One of my high school buds had a 68, red with white interior. Congratulations!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm glad for you and I to have a love for Darts. Like you I have loved them since before I could drive. I have always regretted selling them. Now I have no place to store another car and my 65 is my last car, no regrets for buying my 65, but a Dart would be Sweet to have. Congratulations on a great color combination find. You truly did good. Oh, you better keep the bird and bee separated or you may have a fleet, it's obvious they can't be trusted when the lights go out.....LOL. you deserve it!! Let The Horses Run....... Ulli.

Nice score, Wayne. Too bad you have to sell the Bird now. Hey, I'm only about 6 hours away; I'll have the trailer up there tomorrow. :D

Awesome car Wayne. Can't wait to see you put your touches on it. Please do start a thread on FBBO, for us B body guys to follow your progress.

Cool Dad, I too am a Dart guy having 6 over the years.
I agree with the crowd. Fine color combo !

I'm sure a great car. Looks fabulous. 340 Darts usually could beat my '70 383 Barracuda on the street. Great catch.

Auto Transport Service
Back