• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm a defector ! But 2 out of 3 B's ain't bad....

LOL Cranky... I'll never keep white clean either, but the Wife's sure gonna surprise a few young lads that's for sure! :steering:

Not that kind of dirty lol

Whoa!!! Cranky, you don't mean like THIS, do ya?!?

df923ec86285aac00c4657898378ad0296cdecd8.jpg

Whoa!!! Cranky, you don't mean like THIS, do ya?!?

View attachment 1032175
Only with the opposite sex! Usually I'm working on other cars or whatever is broken around the house and need to go to the hardware store or parts house. Never did like cleaning up just to drive a car for an errand and then get dirty again.

Awesome car - one of my all time favorites.

And not to get in an argument with @Cranky (you know, he IS a staff member and can kick my arse...), but I really am starting to dig white guts on darker painted cars. Plus, much nicer in the summer.

NOW DON'T BAN ME!!!! :rofl::luvplace:

Last edited:
love the color and the interior,sweet ride :thumbsup:

Great looking Dart. I also have my one A-body among 3 B-bodies. AND it's a 69 also. Not original but I dropped a 440/727 in it around 20 years ago. Now it's getting a full resto next year.
716076_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=QHZ9AIYoQGYAX-vZ-yv&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg

Great looking car my friend!
69 340 Swingers are one of the best balanced Musclecars Mopar ever made.
There are only 2 Mopars on my must have list, this is one of them. The other is a 67 R/T convertible.
Congratulations!
Great car, Somewhere in my very old magazines , there was an article about an A body 340 being the best balanced car. Think it was a 68 barracuda.
In 1967 I priced out a new 68 340 dart GTS 4 speed. Might still have the quote somewhere. It was over 4500.00 Canadian I think. 383 car more.
Fall of 1968 I was working on a seismic crew small town Saskatchewan. A lot of wealthy farm/ranchers. When the boy got into grade twelve, new car coming his way, pick a brand. Chrysler dealer had a 68 black blue interior 340 auto Barracuda, dealer demo. Town of 1000 people. His wife drove it most. He was asking 2800.00. Told me to really test it. Ran it against another crew members 67 Cougar XR7 390. Once I figured how to stop slippage on those highways , he had no chance. What I learned back at that time was A bodies were pretty flighty at very high speeds . In 1970 I met a guy from that area, tell him about the car, he said that his Mom and Dad gave him that car Christmas of 1968.
Hope this isn’t a hijack.

Can someone confirm that I'm correct in my thinking that they have the rocker covers swapped side for side to be correct for '69. Breather should be on the drivers side.. no??? I'm also aware the rocker cover is incorrect with a filler cap, believe that came in in '71..

Last edited:
I have 2 x E's, 2 x B's and an A. I've thought a number of times about letting the A go (needs full build) but every time I see pictures of one I rethink it.

IMG_2770.JPG
IMG_2985.JPG

I've always favored the B's, but I would LOVE to get my hands on a late 60's fish with a 4spd. I love those little things.

Can someone confirm that I'm correct in my thinking that they have the rocker covers swapped side for side to be correct for '69. Breather should be on the drivers side.. no??? I'm also aware the breather cover is incorrect with a filler cap, believe that came in in '71..
Believe you are correct. It should look like my 68 318. Oil fill cap on the passengers side front with the PCV behind it in the center and the drivers side has the breather cap in the center. Does it have the water pump exit out the drivers side and a small diameter cross over hose? 1969 was the last year for that as well I believe.

Very nice. Congratulations! I've always liked to 68 69 darts especially convertibles almost bought one for my wife years back but ended up buying her a 72 Mustang convertible.

My friend is re restoring his matching numbers 69 Dart GTS, we put the engine, transmission and k frame in from the bottom a month ago, and he fired it up a couple weeks ago. The car is all jammed and ready for paint. It's the only A body that has ever been in my garage. It's B and E body domain! I made an exception for the big block 4 speed A body! Lol it's a cool little car,I'm sure that you will enjoy your new Dart Swinger!
20200531_164022.jpg
20200531_172938.jpg
20200531_203325.jpg
20200905_111026.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back