• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm already sick of hearing about AI!!

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
Can only imagine what's about to happen next with it.....

I never hear anything about it in my industry, minus two industry specific publications. One just has casual mentions about it probably to check a box for the editor, the other is all about automation and AI and every article, ALL of them, are 5 page long nothing burgers.
Most of the time it is run on sentences with all sorts of $5 words strung together that an entire paragraph could be summed up in 6 words. I suspect many of the articles are written by AI, given they have no substance whatsoever.
The short of every article is "AI will be a useful tool to analyze data." The articles then go on and on about how data can be efficient, and improve business performance. AI will use data to increase efficiency. Efficiency gains can be had by analyzing data. AI is a useful tool for data.
At no point, do the rambling sentences describe how AI will analyze data. Never once does it say what the data is or should be. Never once does it say how the data can help efficiency. It never says where the data even comes from. How to apply AI to analyze the data, use AI's data findings, what the actual results of analyzing anything may look like.

I am not worried about AI. It has turned into a phrase like "Industry 4.0" for convention speakers to ramble about. All it is, is a very fancy computer code that needs input to do whatever you ask it to do. It looks like AI because of how fast our computers have gotten. I am sure in 1970 computers were going to take over the world and take everyone's jobs too. They didn't, they just gave corporate an excuse to hand a tool to some shmuck and tell him to do 150% of the work he was doing.

Don't worry about AI. Worry about the idiots that get mesmerized by the rambling jargon and catch phrases. Business school has turned into a place where people learn vocabulary and acronyms, because talking the talk matters to paper club. These are the types that will spend the company's money on useless AI software and cut workforce, and then ask experienced people to pick up the extra. You see THAT happening, update a resume.

Evidently not as they are forcing it to become a reality and then??? Well, we all know what takes place then...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Last edited:
I never hear anything about it in my industry, minus two industry specific publications. One just has casual mentions about it probably to check a box for the editor, the other is all about automation and AI and every article, ALL of them, are 5 page long nothing burgers.
Most of the time it is run on sentences with all sorts of $5 words strung together that an entire paragraph could be summed up in 6 words. I suspect many of the articles are written by AI, given they have no substance whatsoever.
The short of every article is "AI will be a useful tool to analyze data." The articles then go on and on about how data can be efficient, and improve business performance. AI will use data to increase efficiency. Efficiency gains can be had by analyzing data. AI is a useful tool for data.
At no point, do the rambling sentences describe how AI will analyze data. Never once does it say what the data is or should be. Never once does it say how the data can help efficiency. It never says where the data even comes from. How to apply AI to analyze the data, use AI's data findings, what the actual results of analyzing anything may look like.

I am not worried about AI. It has turned into a phrase like "Industry 4.0" for convention speakers to ramble about. All it is, is a very fancy computer code that needs input to do whatever you ask it to do. It looks like AI because of how fast our computers have gotten. I am sure in 1970 computers were going to take over the world and take everyone's jobs too. They didn't, they just gave corporate an excuse to hand a tool to some shmuck and tell him to do 150% of the work he was doing.

Don't worry about AI. Worry about the idiots that get mesmerized by the rambling jargon and catch phrases. Business school has turned into a place where people learn vocabulary and acronyms, because talking the talk matters to paper club. These are the types that will spend the company's money on useless AI software and cut workforce, and then ask experienced people to pick up the extra. You see THAT happening, update a resume.
I remember when the company I worked for went to computers and how is was supposed to 'ease' the work load.....yeah right. It increased it with all the 'puter' time that we had to spend. At one point I was able to be a 'temp' 1st line stooopidvisor (a slider in company speak) and it was ok except for all the computer time and yet we still had to make paper copies of dang near everything! Things got even more complicated years later. Sure was happy to say 'so long' when I retired in 06. Was out there for an 'old farts' dinner a week before Thanksgiving this year and man, the shop looked WAY worse than it did when I first hired on in 1980!

I had a request asking me to post this as he longer is allowed here but can still read topics from the forum. Hope it isn't against the rules...cr8crshr/Bill

AI.jpg

On a related note, I see Tesla has a recall on about what, most of their veee-hickles with self-driving technology? I know we’ve posted a ton about this, but dayam, is it just people using it when it’s not advised? This is an option? Never set my cruise control down city or residential streets. I don’t know enough about how SD tech works; but it always seemed like a bunch of driving occasions when it may NOT work. I gather we are seeing this in full-fatal color.

MO, one of the most friggin insane auto features I’ve heard of. WTH, if one is all giddy about a self-driving vehicle; too lazy to DRIVE one – take public transportation or call Uber. Don’t have commercials showing a driver clapping his hands with the family to a song. You’re rolling down a highway in a 6,000lb vehicle towing a camper…at 70MPH, 103 feet-per second and clapping to a tune? What da..

After reading about a dozen articles regard Altman, OpenAI, its key players and Directors during that **** show a few weeks ago, it put a little scare in me.

Watch the original Terminator movie......seemed far fetched back then,not so much now! It won't take AI too long to figure out it doesn't need us!

I'm with most here I'm sick of of hearing all of it
all of it it pushed down out throats, we have no say...

My money guy just flew back from a major AI conference put on by a guy that’s he’s been following for years and has this unique penchant for always getting it right. What he relayed to me was enough to make you **** your pants. Many things - but in the next five years a changes that make the inventions of wholesale electricity and the ever popular al gore’s invention of the internet look like cave man day stuff. Forty percent of existing jobs disappearing along with a lengthy list of expectations - Much of which will/is controlled by your “friends”. Big tech. I don’t want to see it either but whose going to stop it…. Makes me want to throw up….

Last edited:
I'm not really interested in Artificial Insemination.

I prefer the old fashioned way myself. Actual Injection! :)
Who knows? That could go away too by some electronic ‘communication’ means. No personal hitching required, have the entire relationship via text or cyberspace. “Oh no, we’ve been married for 10-years now and have never met face-to-face, other than by Zoom.” Hell, I see couples sitting in a nice private booth in a restaurant each staring at their I-phones until their meal arrives and then stand their phones up to continue looking at them while they chew. Kids btw classes at school, gawking at their phones; not much actual chatting btw each other in the flesh.

Is this chit going to get worse? I’m pretty convinced it will..

My money guy just flew back from a major AI conference put on by a guy that’s he’s been following for years and has this unique penchant for always getting it right. What he relayed to me was enough to make you **** your pants. Many things - but in the next five years a changes that make the inventions of wholesale electricity and the ever popular al gore’s invention of the internet look like cave man day stuff. Forty percent of existing jobs disappearing along with a lengthy list of expectations - Much of which will/is controlled by your “friends. Big tech. I don’t want to see it either but whose going to stop it…. Makes me want to throw up….
40% of what jobs?
The industry I work in makes stuff.
Maybe the engineer that works on design needs to worry? I don't think the 150 labor+ support staff have to worry about a computer assembling anything or working on the machines.
Maybe someday when they invent the T1000 but not for a long while.

I think office cubical types that spent money to get a pointless paper for paper club and work in 50 story buildings should be worried. But then, they always should have been worried.

Robotics – it is getting more and more ‘adept’. My wish is when lawyers and politicians can be outsourced like it has been going one from one white-collar occupation to the next over the past 20 years. Yes, the big thing was to get into computer programming after blue collar workers lost their jobs and then after many went to be re-educated in that occupation? Outsourced to places like India..

Auto Transport Service
Back