• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm crying...

For days after our Niki died her absence in the house was palpable. Hard to accept she wasn't at my feet when I instinctively looked down to keep from stepping on her if she was there, as she almost always was. Our lives wouldn't be as full without our pets. We cherish the memories of them and the good times we shared together.

Aw, man, I skipped to the end otherwise I'd start crying! Sorry you had to do that...

...if this makes me less of a man, then so be it.

It's amazing how pets worm their way into our hearts. They devote their whole life to us, and provide us with unconditional devotion and companionship.

This afternoon we had to put down our little munchkin, Zoe, who didn't even tip the scales at 7.5 lbs. But the amount of spunk, fun and love that filled that little cat was immeasurable. She developed a fast growing cancerous tumor in her jaw that was basically inoperable. Rather than try a bunch of painful treatments that would likely not help, we made the painful decision to put her to sleep today.

I know we made the right decision but damn it hurts.

Thank you Zoe for 13 wonderful years...
View attachment 1213862
Been there done that. If you don't cry and mourn like a little baby you had no right to have that pet.

RIP_ Zoe

so so sorry to hear that
you have my deepest & heartfelt condolences

I cried like a baby when my Lord Budnicks died,
16 years 4 months of bliss, loyal & faithful to the end
literally my best friend
I've wept at every animal I've had that died
or had to be put down

It doesn't ever get any easier either

Sorry to hear about you loss, Hawk. It's amazing how a ball of fur can affect your life.

sorry for your loss, Hawk....... pets are family, it's very hard to say goodbye

I hate the thought that every pet we have will pass away at some point and I'll be a slobbering mess as a result of it.
It doesn't stop me from jumping in headfirst though.
In 2018 we had a dog that developed a brain issue. Domino was one of the most fun dogs I have ever known.
IMG_2003.JPG

There is so much that veterinarians just don't know and some treatments that are comparable to voodoo or just outright guessing. It sucks feeling vulnerable. You want to help your pet but you don't want to be ripped off on fees that make no difference to the outcome.

So sad to hear about Zoe, Hawk. I too have lost several great friends over the years and every loss hurt just as bad as the first. I know there is little comfort in it, but you did the right thing.

We had to make the hard decision with one of our cats, Eddie, in February. Sucked big time. if losing them isn't bad enough, having to make that decision makes it all the worse. When I hear of people whose pet died on their own suddenly at a ripe old age, I feel like that's the way it should be.
Take care, Hawk, and feel the good vibes coming your way from your frinds here.

There is never a good time for this. I've had to go through it many times after owning dogs for at least 30 yrs. I've tried to fight cancer because I couldn't bear to let them go. A friend told me she put her dog through chemo and still lost him. She said she'd never do it again with another dog. I should have remembered that. You did the right thing for your beloved cat. I hope you find comfort knowing you gave her a very good life.
I've heard stories where owners waited too long before making this decision and it was difficult for the vet to work with collapsed veins.

So sorry to hear Hawk. You definitely did the right and humane thing for Zoe. You will always have the memories to enjoy although that is not the same as them being with us.

When I hear of people whose pet died on their own suddenly at a ripe old age, I feel like that's the way it should be.
Shoot, man....Since I met the wife, we have lost 5 dogs. NONE of them checked out on their own.
It does hurt to be the one making the decision.

We have 22 animals here on Leaping Donkey Farm, all are rescues or born here. Our pet cemetery is holding the love of 23 at the moment. We take our stewardship of our animal friends seriously and care for them as well in death as we did in life. We own them at least that much for the love they gave us every minute of their time here. We grieve with you Hawk, it's always hard to let them go....on to their next assignment. Everyone gets a burial and everyone gets a headstone in granite. Be at peace, knowing that your Zoe is safe and loved, free and healthy in the arms of her Saviour.

We lost Jack last February. This was the first time I had to be the one to make the decision. We had him for 14 years. When he crawled up on you, you weren't going anywhere until he decided to moved. He loved the outdoors, and he wouldn't be anywhere in site, but as soon as I crawled under the car, he was right there with me. Jack was supposed to be the wife's, but he picked me. And just a few months before my cat of 19 years had passed. I cried like a baby on the way home, and several times after that. It still hurts like the loss of no other pet.
Cozy Jack.jpg

Sorry to hear you lost your fuzzy buddy, Hawk. May God's blessing be with you and your family.

Thank you all for the many kind words and thoughts. They are truly appreciated, and really help too.

Much, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Sorry for your loss. They are truly a family member and they become part of the personality makeup of all our families, especially with children.

No shame in that, sir!

I cry like a baby every time we put a cat or dog down.

hang in there

Auto Transport Service
Back