• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm looking forward to Mad Max Furiosa.

SteveSS

Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
Since it's a prequel it will have Immortan Joe. It was played by Hugh Keays-Byrne, who also played the villain Toe Cutter in the original Mad Max movie. Since Hugh-Byrne passed away after Fury Road it's played by a new actor who also needed to portray Immortan Joe as a younger person.

The reason why I'm excited is because I look like Immortan Joe, which is certainly not a compliment.
joe.jpg

Hot chicks too I hope.

If I didn't already have twenty projects,I have a 71 Charger roller,I would build a replica of this out of!

mad_max_fury_road_03.jpg

20231222_131701.jpg

I was looking for something to haul around my anti-aircraft gun.

:lol:

Looks like way too much cgi. Count me and my gyrocopter out, thank you.
IMG_2950.jpeg

Last edited:
Meh,
I agree with others here, the trailer looked too "clean" to be live action, I think it is color enhanced/ "air brushed" CGI, not enough dust obfuscating the scenes given what is going on, actors look clean all the time, that sort of thing. Looks like a bunch of live acted scenes done in low to slightly above low budget and then nerd layered all sorts of crap on top of it to make the explosions and such.
Costs a lot to make a real movie. Paying nerds in a cubicle to draw one with AI software is a lot more lucrative.

It might be ok. I will wait to see what coworkers think about it, 2 of them want to go see it. Not a fan of "girl power" agenda movies but the character was established before that was such a big thing so that might get a pass too depending how big they went on it.

My expectation is to be extremely dissappointed given the history of these films. Of course, that is where most of hollywood gets to start from these days.

Bring back Mel Gibson with his XB coupe that's the real MAD MAX it's turned like the fast n furious over exaggerated baloney

I've said this a couple of times but if a movie has cool cars I'm there. That's why I can handle the nonsense in the F&F movies. Sometimes I look at what cars they chose to see if their fame will turn them into future classics.

For instance, I wonder if Nova prices went up after F&F 9.

nova.jpg

Last edited:
Another Mad Max movie without Mad Max, no thanks. I’m still a little perturbed that Fury Road was basically a bait and switch. The story turned out to be more about Furiosa. Plus, I’m getting bored with the googley-eyed chick from the Queen’s Gambit being in everything. She is very strange looking, in my opinion.

Interview with long time franchise director (in his 80's IIRC) on NPR.

Said he like to see how much "story" can be tome "on the run".

Said main character doesn't speak for 90% of the movie.

Not sure I'm OK with that.

Also said "not a fan of CGI".

My wife and I went to see it today......I thought it was pretty good ,I asked my wife like always "One to a hundred? " and she said 99 and she is usually pretty picky. She might be messing with me but I took it as a win and let it go.

Auto Transport Service
Back