• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm not buying anymore cars!

My wife got me this phone cover years ago

8E3FA5ED-4D66-4E83-91E8-1AD4DA924408.jpeg

All my brand X weenie buddies always rag on me (us Mopar dudes). As they say, they can have say a Monte S.S. or 3rd Gen Camaro etc that they drive every day back and forth, buy parts to keep it going, race it on the weekends and hall the family around in it.

Us Mopar dudes have to have a daily driver, another winter beater, another parts car or several, a truck for hauling extra parts, another family vehicle, another for a race car etc.

However, I for one can say everything I own runs, drives, is plated and insured, and driven regularly. Most have a yard or building full of vehicles and never do anything with them.

Last edited:
They are pretty hard to find in Oregon. At least what I am looking for so I am keeping what I have. Overall, I have quit buying much of anything and I am happier.

Still wouldn't mind a 68-70 B body project but not too much around.

I went on Craigslist and didn't find anything I wanted to buy! Five weeks carsober so far this year!

My name is Pete and i'm a Moparholic!
Hi Pete. We too have a 12 step program. But it's a little different.

Step one: Buy Mopar.
Step two: You are powerless to step one.
Step three: The one that dies with the most. Wins!

That's the farthest anyone has gotten.

But remember. It's not about winning. It's about the journey.

Don't set yourself up for failure by saying

"I'm not buying anymore cars"​

:D

Keep having fun!

I used to buy project cars,clean them up and sell them to pay for my other projects. What I have to do is concentrate on my stuff,and not fixing up flip cars. It takes too much time to get them ready,and there is not enough money to justify the time taken away from my own cars anymore. I won't buy anything that cannot be put up for sale with minimal time and effort! I need to stop buying basket cases!

I used to buy project cars,clean them up and sell them to pay for my other projects. What I have to do is concentrate on my stuff,and not fixing up flip cars. It takes too much time to get them ready,and there is not enough money to justify the time taken away from my own cars anymore. I won't buy anything that cannot be put up for sale with minimal time and effort! I need to stop buying basket cases!

post 130 ......... do you need a sponsor? someone you can call when you get the urge?

Auto Transport Service
Back