• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm out of touch w society

Its a great idea when you are 20, when you are 50......well :rolleyes:
I worked with a guy a few years ago who had tattoos. He is about 60 now, and wrinkled from a life of hard drinking & smoking.

One of the other guys we worked with was admiring his tatt's one day and asked "Did you get those tattoos done with crayons?"

We all laughed....except the one guy. :lol:

His name is Tony and the ID on my phone I use for him is Mr Squidward.

Hey, I got that "Easy Bake Coven" T-shirt for my wife. She loved it.

. I saw people with purple hair, pink hair, males( i won't refer to them as men), wearing their hair in buns, wearing ear rings, purses, and pajamas. Overheard male cashiers who sounded as if they didn't have one ounce of testosterone in their frail body. Young girls with bull rings in their noses, etc.

Sounds like the local Walmart

Clothing got weird in the 70's with puffy polyester and seeing some old photos, don't know how I walked out of the house but then a lot of people were walking around in wild fabrics and colors. Lamb chops were a fad geez. All you have to do is see tv shows from the era. Wide lapels, fat ties, and huge collars...bigger the better. I had to get a suit for an uncles funeral when I was in HS and got one from K-Mart I think it might a been 250% polyester blend with another 100% poly blend weave. People have joked about the poor souls who died during this era and were buried in poly leisure suits that 500 years from now will look new yet if they are dug up.

grew up in the 50s and the 60 s when things where different came back from nam in the 70 s the whole Fn world has been in a downward spin there all Fn NUT
Born 52. Went into an auto parts store to order a part. Asked if they could order it that I had the part number I needed. I told the person ( always a safe description) " I'm a hand shake kind of guy " His answer " What does that mean"? I walked out.

I rarely go to a mall. I may go at Christmas, or once in a blue moon. Today i went to a mall sporting goods store. Afterward, i walked through the mall to take in the sites. The longer i was there, the more i felt out of touch. Like a leftover from decades ago. I saw people with purple hair, pink hair, males( i won't refer to them as men), wearing their hair in buns, wearing ear rings, purses, and pajamas. Overheard male cashiers who sounded as if they didn't have one ounce of testosterone in their frail body. Young girls with bull rings in their noses, etc. I know in our youth, we do things older people frown on. Though i sense its all of a different/ worse flavor now. Here is an example of a couple t shirts i saw for sale.

View attachment 899850 View attachment 899851
So, which shirt did you buy?

Am a middle age man (44) and at some point I have to agree in some way of what you're saying, but IMHO, society change hand to hand with technology, we, the X generation are caught between the millennial and our parents generation, music change, cars change, the way the people interact with each other's change, everything change, the unusual would be that us, the middle/older, doesn't, our parents complain about us in the way we complain about the younger generation, but, that's the way we are, as a society and as humanity, for an example I HATE sending messages to my family via WhatsApp, I preffer a phone call to hear their voice, my younger sister love it, so it's being months without talking to each other, a very small example of the conflict between generation, but that's the way it is nowadays, but I can't complain about the messages via WhatsApp because half my sales are via that way, and besides without them I never be part of this small but great community call FBBO, so we have to cope with this so call modern society and move on
In the meantime :luvplace: you :fool: old guys, have a nice sunday.:D
IMHO ? can someone translate that to real words, please? Thank you in advance.

People are getting shot in Oklahoma malls. They closed one near my house; the first real mall in SW OKC built in the 70s. It became a gang hangout.

Malls tend to be target rich, gun free zones.

I only go to strip malls. (No, not that kind, RC.)

You'll find a lot of that crap on the net, it's just a form of abbreviation of words, I get your point! People put this stuff out there and they come up with their own code of letters and expect everybody else to be the mind reader and know what they're talkin about. Then make you out to look like the stupid one.

Smiley all the other genders are from Ur-anus.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back