• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

info on new challenger

What gets me is the $10G extra for an SRT over and RT. Better brakes, suspension and more power but $10G worth??

depends on whether you really want or need that performance "out of the box". Right now, there's a 100 hp difference between an R/T and SRT. You could get an R/T there with a supercharger and/or an engine build, but thatll run you about about $10K itself.

As far as the suspension, brakes, etc...that's a different story. You can scour craigslist or forums and find almost new take off SRT suspension and/or brakes for about $400 and $1000 respectively. Or you can go aftermarket for around the same. For more power, a diablo tuner, exhaust, CAI will get an R/T near the 400hp mark. And you'll still be only about $3K into it. This is basically what I've done to both the 08 Charger* and 10 Challenger (well, still looking for a good deal on a predator for the latter) and I'm perfectly happy with what they can do. But then again, they're daily drivers and not track rats.

So it becomes a thing of whether you wanna build it yourself or just want to avoid all that hassle and spend the extra $ up front.

*the 08 Charger still came with the 340hp 5.7, so its really more in the 360-370 range after mods. 2010-up 5.7's (which is what I have in the challenger) were rated at 370hp.

Auto Transport Service
Back