• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the forum in Texas

pocat

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum.
I have two '72 Dodge Chargers. One I've had for many years, just never got motivated to do anything with it.
It was in pretty sad shape when I got it and is still in bad shape.
But recently I purchased one that is an SE which seams to be in pretty good shape for being parked since '93.

I've had to do some wiring repairs and have replaced distributor, wires, plugs and module to get it to fire up and run.
It sounds pretty good, but the radiator has a significant crack and the fuel tank leaks like a sieve. 318 2 barrel.

The seats are in bad shape, any suggestion on replacements? it is currently a split bench.

TIA

pocat

Welcome from Illinois!! If you are referring to replacement upholstery, not the seats themselves, check out Classic Industries offerings. If you want seat frames, or any other parts, go to our Forums page and post a thread in the WTB - Mopar Parts and Cars Wanted forum.

Welcome to the forum. Are you making 1 car out of 2 or bringing 2 cars back to life
If I can get motivated on the SE and at least get her on the road then I’ll see what I can do with the base model. It is missing under hood components, but I’m not robbing from it. I’d like to see her on the road also.

Welcome from Illinois!! If you are referring to replacement upholstery, not the seats themselves, check out Classic Industries offerings. If you want seat frames, or any other parts, go to our Forums page and post a thread in the WTB - Mopar Parts and Cars Wanted forum.
The seat frames I believe are okay. But it would be the ideal time to switch to buckets if possible. Thanks for the direction.

Welcome from NY.
Look up Legendary Auto Interiors (no far from me).

Welcome from Florida. Don't know if Scat seats have the high back seats the year of your car in bucket seats. May have to search around to find a set of used one's. Have the Scat seats in my 69 runner and very happy with them. Like was stated Classic industries. Stephens Mopar salvage yard in Alabama is where I found some hard-to-find parts.

Welcome from the former home state of your new neighbors.

Welcome to the site!! And it's been awhile since being in Iola.....

Fuel tanks are available and not terribly pricey.

Keep your fuel sender lock ring, and go buy a red toiled valve seal.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Auto Transport Service
Back