• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Install of water temp gauge

GFuller

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
I am hooking up a water temp gauge with after market gauge cluster. As to not effect my temp gauge connected to my instrument gauge cluster ( 69 roadrunner), is there an alternative site to install the sensor? What about at engine body where the freeze plugs are located on my 383 block? Suggestions?

There are block drain plugs on either side but they are small. Other than that the water pump housing. Or you could do some kind of goofy T up and out of the water pump housing.

I’m in a similar situation. The (2) usable outlets for my current temp sensors are being used. One for the factory gauge and the other for my electric fans. Hoping to add a 3rd sensor for my aftermarket gauge cluster. A fellow FBBO member recommended something like this IIRC…

Meziere Enterprises WN0028C Meziere Water Neck Spacers | Summit Racing

Hoping to get to this before Spring.

With an aluminum wp housing, you could always drill and pipe tap another hole. I don't think I would try it with an iron one anymore. (When I was working, even iron would have been a no-brainer)

That Meziere part above would solve the problem, but is pretty expensive. Summit shows others as low as $26 that would work too. It will probably say small block chevy, but the moroso version says it will work on a big or small mopar too, so theoretically any for a Chevy should work on a Mopar.
I would move the factory sender into the spacer, and put the mechanical sender in the wp housing.

On my gen2 hemi I used the Meisere with one opening threaded to put in water sensor for Fuel Injection. It was a WN0028U and about $35.

Auto Transport Service
Back