• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting new AUTO Tranny

I don't keep up with the latest in GM changes, but as far as I know, the 4L80E is a 4 speed auto unless its been changed?

Add to that that it is shockingly heavy (I'm guessing close to twice that of a 727), and quite large, and doesn't really lend itself to use in any Mopar without extensive modifications.

The Keisler 4L65E conversion has all the benefits that that would have in my opinion, weighs about 100 pounds less, doesn't "require" stupid paddle shifters, and can be installed without cutting and installing a motorhome/van sized hump.

I'm glad to see that someone is offering another option, but I would rather see someone come up with a kit/controller to use the better NAG1 for those of us willing to cut our cars.

That would open up some possibilities for a custom build no doubt, but at $5700.00 I think I'll stick to the TF. Perhaps better suited for the more money than brains dept.

I don't keep up with the latest in GM changes, but as far as I know, the 4L80E is a 4 speed auto unless its been changed?

Add to that that it is shockingly heavy (I'm guessing close to twice that of a 727), and quite large, and doesn't really lend itself to use in any Mopar without extensive modifications.

The Keisler 4L65E conversion has all the benefits that that would have in my opinion, weighs about 100 pounds less, doesn't "require" stupid paddle shifters, and can be installed without cutting and installing a motorhome/van sized hump.

I'm glad to see that someone is offering another option, but I would rather see someone come up with a kit/controller to use the better NAG1 for those of us willing to cut our cars.

Check out our new Simple Shift Controller - harness and computer for $599. We're planning on having the 545RFE next year. We'll see.

Yup. All these new O.D. transmissions are to expensive for the common working man. I can't get $10K for my Duster at the moment, and vendors want thousands for just a trans.

crazy

Btw, I don't mean any offense to any trans vendors here. I'd love to have an O.D. in my Duster, and (if I ever get around to restoring it) would consider one for my Hemi runner.

It's the free enterprise system.

It works for some anyway

It's the 6L85E trans. It's a big fricken trans. I helped a friend with one in one of his customer's cars. (38 Chevy, blown big block, dyno'd at just over 800hp). I'll let you all know how it works out after we get the replacement one up and running.....

Auto Transport Service
Back