• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting tag found on a 62 Belvedere

Big Bad Dad

Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
I was cruising Facebook, and came across this on there. Apparently someone has parted out a 62 Belv and found this tag on the firewall. I'm just curious if anyone knows anything about this? Was it a rare race car? I'm not connected to this in any way, just like to know what you guys think.

QUOTE from the Mopar 62-65 B Body group Facebook post> "Stripping out the 62 Belvedere I found this tag on the fire wall just wondering if anybody seen one or know what it is for This car also has aluminum tail lights they are not pop metal"

_nc_ohc=i24FME2fJUEAX__fmxF&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.jpg

Prob for a A990 car looking at thea, The SS cars had them for sure.

Oh come now, who doesn't know what a A990 car is?

Interesting this tag is stamped from the topside.

What is the issue about the tail lights? Did 62s have pot metal tail lights? This guy said the car has aluminum tail lights. I'm not familiar with 62s.

What is the issue about the tail lights? Did 62s have pot metal tail lights? This guy said the car has aluminum tail lights. I'm not familiar with 62s.
I'd have to see them. Pot metal and aluminum are both pretty close to the untrained eye.

62 plymouth tail light.jpg

I'd have to see them. Pot metal and aluminum are both pretty close to the untrained eye.

View attachment 1454417
Pot metal will be on the grey side. Also pit metal has copper a magnesium in it making it much heavier then aluminum. Aluminum on the other hand is lighter in weight and in color and when side by side, they're easily identifiable.

This strange looking extra tag was on my 64 Belvedere wagon when I bought it several years ago.

64 Wagon Fender Tag.JPG

With all due respect, I question the authenticity of
both these tags.

I am old enough to have been around and raced these cars
when they were new.

Auto Transport Service
Back