• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior paint question

CHARGERSTEVEN

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
As i getting ready to paint my car i was wondering what shade of colour was used to paint the dash,door panel, steering column, n any other area that are visable after interior pieces are place on.The car is going to be painted GG1 metallic green,so if i got the same formula made up with out the metallic would that be correct

No it would be wrong. Get an original service manual for your car and there are paint codes in there. Or go to a paint store that has the old books.

Look at your fender tag. There will be some letters/numbers under the letters TRM and PNT. These will tell the exterior and trim colour. If it was a black interior in 1967 it would be S6X. Send those letters , it would help.

If you have a 1969 . Look at the second row from the bottom.
Example first letters body colours A4
Next letters Trim code H2X Upper door frame X9.

This is for a 1969 charger,I know GG1 is the code for 1968 n F8 is for 69,the car is going to be green interior,no tag or build sheet so have no codes

This is for a 1969 charger,I know GG1 is the code for 1968 n F8 is for 69,the car is going to be green interior,no tag or build sheet so have no codes
What colour are your seats, carpet, also you could look behind the glove box or in behind the dash I believe. Not totally up on 69’s.

This car i totally stripped n there is no green colour anywhere,the only pieces i kept were the wiring looms n the trunk gutters for a exterior paint match.This car is an R/TSE so the front have the leather inserts on the front buckets n it is a dark green,i believe it is called bayou green

Auto Transport Service
Back