• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior paint questions

chad

Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys , On my 64 fury I am doing the body 1967 turbine bronze and either doing the interior black or tan.. not sure yet.. My question is.. I want the all steel dash so there will be no dash pad so the holes have been welded up... Were the dashboard painted flat on the top and gloss on the lower part or all gloss ? I wouldnt think the top would be gloss due to reflections......I am leaning towards the tan color.. anyone have any examples ?

The top of the dash wasn't really flat, it had a suede finish! The bottom was gloss!

On my '63 (padded dash) the areas that are paint is not metallic but has 'some' gloss meaning not a flat-dull color. I'd guess a matte or low-gloss finish...

Hey guys , On my 64 fury I am doing the body 1967 turbine bronze and either doing the interior black or tan.. not sure yet.. My question is.. I want the all steel dash so there will be no dash pad so the holes have been welded up... Were the dashboard painted flat on the top and gloss on the lower part or all gloss ? I wouldnt think the top would be gloss due to reflections......I am leaning towards the tan color.. anyone have any examples ?
You dont want gloss the reflection from the sun might be a sight problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back