• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is It Me, Or Are C Body Guys Their Own Worst Enemies?

Sorry as for the parts throw them in a dumpster and take a picture . Why go out of your way for nothing you tried to help those guys out they want to complain let it go !

I take exception to comments by mmissile, Grady Cain, and 69a100 because I own a B-body, C-body and a classic Ford. I don't think this forum is so desperate that it needs members with big mouths that can do nothing but critcise others in the worst language imaginable. They should be tossed or if you prefer. because I own a C-body, and don't meet their standards I'll quit this forum. Moderators, grow some balls and don't let this forum be disgraced in such a crude manner.

Lighten up man. Because humor or sarcasm sometimes cannot be detected in emails, texts or posts such as these, emojis are often used to aid those on the receiving end as to the intent of the nature or tone of such posts. This is common knowledge. The laughing emoji I used in my post should have clued you in as to the nature of my words - purely for humor, not for malice. I can't help you if you don't understand this concept. You should really rethink your suggestion that some of us be "tossed" for a few words...

Remember that the C body crowd is a group of older folks, even older then me, and probably more tightwads with their $$. They just like to bitch about anything and everything. I've been on a few C boards for quite awhile now and it seems to be getting worse as they older. Good Luck downloadin your parts.

i recently joined a cbody forum,with a 65 pile c-body.
i found the regs to be highly abrasive but yet,still very helpful in their own ways.
much like some here as well.
its a much smaller community as well,but they too try to rescue all the c bodies they can
props to them for that.

as far as parts,the c body guys have mostly,i say mostly,all come thru and kept their word on parts.
some have even paid upfront<<
while here,ive sold a few parts,lots have wasted my time,and yet i only have one feedback.
hows that work?
well,i leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays,like normal people would.
and then i wait forever sometimes have to pm and ask if the parts got there and o yeah.
it did get here thanks........and i wait..and no feedback.

ive asked for help pricing stuff,gotten very Few who did,btw TY to those who did.
and then a whole bunch of people trying to lowball me
( like 50 bucks for a mint dashpad,really? )
just an example,but you get the drift.

so,in closing,id just like to say,lets not throw All our c body mopar guys under the same bus.
its not fair at all...esp with what ive seen myself already here.

Some people are just cheap jerkoffs.
I had a 67 Chrysler 300 in 2014. I tried to sell the car whole but nobody stepped up to buy it. It did not run but was complete and had ZERO rust. I parted it out and didn't get any complaints on the prices. I still have the fenders and grille. At one swap meet a guy on a bicycle wanted ONE wheel opening molding. I told him if he had a screwdriver, he could remove it himself and have it FREE. He was happy to take a deal like that!
There is something about some of us that hate to see stuff get wasted or thrown away when we think that someone else might need it. I hang onto some slant six stuff, early A body stuff, these C body parts, etc because I still get calls sometimes on these things. I actually get a nice feeling when I am able to help someone with a part that they cannot easily find elsewhere.

i'm a member here there and a couple more , for only's . i talked with alot of different folks on all . have not found any pickier people on any site more than other , if your cherry'n it out your ride for show , race , the garage , or to sell you want the best you can fund . picture are can lye a thousand words , eye balling everything is best . so i do swap meets , some times drive hours get to find not thing . but that me . i would have drove to get them . but again thats me . we are not all alike . kern dog , i'm building a couple 67 300 rags , what you got , what you building , what ya need ?

i'm a member here there and a couple more , for only's . i talked with alot of different folks on all . have not found any pickier people on any site more than other , if your cherry'n it out your ride for show , race , the garage , or to sell you want the best you can fund . picture are can lye a thousand words , eye balling everything is best . so i do swap meets , some times drive hours get to find not thing . but that me . i would have drove to get them . but again thats me . we are not all alike . kern dog , i'm building a couple 67 300 rags , what you got , what you building , what ya need ?

Wow --you picked Kern to speak to of the many here.:poke:
Sorry- but it took me a long time to figure out most of your post. I think I got it all but am not sure. Again sorry--If this post was in another place I would have seen just gibberish and moved on after the first line. :) Sometimes we may need to learn a new language to open new doors.

Sometimes I think it is better to get at least a little something for each piece you want to part with. I gave away a set of 1964 maximum wedge heads (426/413) with factory cross ram manifold to a former co-worker and he never had the courtesy to let me know how he made out with 'em. I had purchased the parts back in the 1970's and had them stored for about 30 years.

sorry if i ramble on , but the point was he that 67 300 parts , and was just sitting on them . and i'm building a couple , and one in process . so kern is a tuff member here to get with , or ? and not to , not include all my follow 67 300 owners here , i've got two rags , had four 67 300 rags at once . lets see a show of hands , oh that worn't work . well chime into another thread of us 67 300 owners . would that be okay , lol .

sorry if i ramble on , but the point was he that 67 300 parts , and was just sitting on them . and i'm building a couple , and one in process . so kern is a tuff member here to get with , or ? and not to , not include all my follow 67 300 owners here , i've got two rags , had four 67 300 rags at once . lets see a show of hands , oh that worn't work . well chime into another thread of us 67 300 owners . would that be okay , lol .

My post had mostly to do with the text we--the readers--see. Kern is more sensitive than most about this.--The cars and/or parts questions are beyond this for me.
BTW your response is far easier to read.

I love the 67 C's. Would like to find one actually.

OMG. what a ****-storm....

impala popcorn.gif

Sometimes I think it is better to get at least a little something for each piece you want to part with. I gave away a set of 1964 maximum wedge heads (426/413) with factory cross ram manifold to a former co-worker and he never had the courtesy to let me know how he made out with 'em. I had purchased the parts back in the 1970's and had them stored for about 30 years.

I agree with your sentiment. I have sold for cheap and given stuff away and the good memories come from positive feedback.
I sold two used 426 hemi rocker arm shafts to a guy that needed them in a big way cause his were a mess. I was left with only one new old stock shaft and sent it to this guy without his knowing or asking just in case the used ones I sent had issues. (I had no use for one rocker shaft).
The payback was a very nice thank you from him. He said the new one was put to use and made his day. He now had a good used spare.
After all of these years, I see sharing parts and memories with new friends is the soul of the hobby. 50 bucks here and a hundred bucks there is not the hobby I am playing with.--It was back in the day when 50 bucks was something.

Last edited:

I always wonder before giving something to someone if they will appreciate the item.
It is rewarding when you know someone appreciates the gift.
Or at least the thought, if nothing else.
And that is what the "thank you" is for when you drill down on it, I suppose.

I always wonder before giving something to someone if they will appreciate the item.
It is rewarding when you know someone appreciates the gift.
Or at least the thought, if nothing else.
And that is what the "thank you" is for when you drill down on it, I suppose.

It is social communication that feeds back. We live together or not.

load it all in the trailer and take it to the local scrap metal place take a pic and post it on all the sites were the parts were to much and brag about how much the scrap value was

load it all in the trailer and take it to the local scrap metal place take a pic and post it on all the sites were the parts were to much and brag about how much the scrap value was

This is where many of us are led. I would give stuff away for shipping cost but that entails time and effort.

That would be such a cool thing to do <eyeroll>

Hi Bruzilla! Do you still have under dash wiring or cruise control parts? I could use some of those :)

Auto Transport Service
Back