• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is It Me, Or Are C Body Guys Their Own Worst Enemies?

I do not understand what is the big deal of sending the guy a couple pictures? It takes less than 5 minutes to take to pictures and email/text them.....

Long ago a guy in Virginia told me he had some rare parts that I would be interested after responding to an ad I placed. It was at a time when pictures could not be sent via phone/email, lol....So after he described things thoroughly. I made the 4 hour round trip and got a room for the night. So we rolled through the backwoods in the mountains to this guys trailer surrounded by cars. He didnt realize I was bringing a backup with a 9mm backup. When I asked him about those "rare" parts or "unobtanium" (the real unobtanium) HE HAD NOTHING! There was some glorious words that day and a display of a holster...Then took the long trip back home with an empty truck....

I had a lot of cash and a dually pickup....scary thought indeed..

I cannot blame the guy for asking for something as simple and easy to give as a picture....He doesn't know you from Adam....

Well, that C-body guy is an idiot. I do see Yatzee's point about language and I have to admit that I have used some language I shouldn't have myself. Sometimes all of us use "cuss words" when we get ticked off (we shouldn't, but we do).

Honestly, I think if you'd have told the guy $500 for the whole lot of parts you'd have had less of an issue. It sounds weird, but people have a "perceived value" of things, like, "If it's free, it must be junk" & forget that sometimes a perfect stranger might just do you a solid and help you out of the kindness of their heart....sigh.

I swear, these C Body guys just like to bitch and whine to hear themselves bitch and whine.

Who's the one bitching and whining? From what I'm taking away from this, the guy needed a radiator, and you were offended because he asked for a picture?

I doubt he needs that exact numbers matching radiator, but even if he did, asking for a picture is unreasonable?

I have wasted more trips looking at mis or over represented cars and parts in my lifetime than I care to think about.

Bru. I don't know you, we live fairly close to each other, and I was considering grabbing the front disc setup from you, I was getting my new engine assembled and just missed the opportunity.

I think you were asking what, 3-400 bucks, something like that right?
Now thats a fair price, not a cheap price, did anyone drive you down on that? or bitch about it being too high?

What some guys don't get, is that on a C body, you can spend 5k on a paint job, have a really nice car, and it's still worth less than what you got into it.

I see "C body guys" as a bunch who are preserving old cars out of love, because it sure the hell aint out of financial profit.

I restore and preserve all types of old antique stuff. To throw away 40 year old parts in a dumpster and take pictures is about an asinine thing to do.

I sold my 64 Dodge 440 a couple yeas ago, and gave a complete set of nice side chrome to a member here for free, because I was worried it was going to get bent and ruined. I advertised it here for $60 for a while, no one responded.

Would have been cool to smash that **** in the dumpster and take pics, because B body guys are all cheap bastards?
No...it just so happened no one was looking for what I was selling at the time, or my price was too high.

You are selling some weird parts, stuff that not many people need, because it's pretty rare. Sorry you thought you were going to make more.

BTW, generalizing a group of people as all the same is pretty lame.

Oh PS, I have some misc parts left over from my 63 Fury, like trans push buttons and stuff, if anyone needs a shifter button setup let me know,I'll dig them up, you can have them for whatever postage costs.

Last edited:
What some guys don't get, is that on a C body, you can spend 5k on a paint job, have a really nice car, and it's still worth less than what you got into it.

I see "C body guys" as a bunch who are preserving old cars out of love, because it sure the hell aint out of financial profit.
Amen to That!!!!

fwi , here is my two rags , your in a sunny state .

Scan0038_0038.jpg Scan0039_0039.jpg Scan0040_0040.jpg Scan0041_0041.jpg Scan0042_0042.jpg DSC03374.JPG DSC03375.JPG DSC03382.JPG DSC03383.JPG DSC03390[1].JPG

I woulda wanted pics before I drove that far too. I made an eight hour round trip for a trunk lid for my road runner that was only $100 (priced one lately?...IF you can find one)....but I got pics first.

Kern Dog , i'm building a couple 67 300 rags , what you got , what you building , what ya need ?

I have a complete grille, both fenders and both doors. I parted out a 2 door car.

is the stuff easy to shot pics of ? and what do you need , got some projects in need of some thing ? got some stuff hanging around as well . mine have those parts , but you never know do you . new or old there all wreck , and need parts . maybe we could do some trad'n .

As many of you know, I bought a 73 Town & Country to use as a doner car for my Roadrunner. I pulled the drive train out, and was going to scrap the rest but after hearing all the stories on C Body sites about "unobtanium" and how frigging impossible it is to find parts for C Bodies, especially wagons, I risked the ire of my wife, neighbors, and town I live in, and took the time to take most of the wagon-unique parts off. These parts are so scarce I couldn't even find values for them, so I just priced them based on the amount of effort it took to get them off, which seemed pretty fair to me.

So I list the parts on some C Body sites, and aside from a couple of guys in Finland who were working on these cars, all I heard was bitching and whining and griping about how I was asking too much for my parts, the parts weren't good enough, they didn't want to pay for shipping, we B Body guys are too used to paying too much for parts, etc. I had just gotten done paying $75 for a stupid wiper knob, and these guys want to bitch about paying $40 for a huge air deflector that took me a whole afternoon to get off? Or $100 for a complete set of tail lights and trim that took most of a day and can't be found anywhere? What's with these guys?

So here comes the topper. I have all these parts sitting around collecting dust because I quit updating the ads. The other day I'm on the C Body site and I see a guy in Florida is looking for a 73 Town & Country radiator, which I pulled from the car because I was going to use it in the Roadrunner but I had bought an aluminum one and it's been great so I've had it sitting around as a spare. How many frigging all original, OEM, functional radiators for a 73 Town & Country exist in the wild these days? Three? Five? These have to be scarcer than frigging Hemi radiators, so they should bring a damn good price I would think, like $600 easy. But I contact the guy and I'm thinking $100 and shipping would be a fair price, and he tells me he's just 2.5 hours away from me, so I figured I would be really nice and I told him if he's willing to make the drive up here, he can have the radiator, shroud, and all the other parts I have for free. Free! That's right, he can have well over $2,000 bucks worth of unobtanium parts for his car for the price of a tank of frigging gas.

And what's the response I get? I need you to send me some pictures of the radiator so I can decide if I want to make a six-hour drive!!! If someone told me they would give me an impossible to find part for my car, plus a couple of grand worth of other impossible-to-find parts, for free, I would be asking for an address and on the road as soon as I got it! I swear, these C Body guys just like to bitch and whine to hear themselves bitch and whine.
No its you.

Steve......is that necessary?
lets work a little harder towards getting mopar guys Together instead of Apart eyh??

maybe youll understand this,maybe not but,
when you are in the army,you are only as strong as the weakest link.
same thoughts here man.
sometimes you gotta carry one guy so he can save you or someone else later.
you just never know....

adding to this.
i dont think brus a bad guy either.
i just think hes frustrated,and sometimes we all get there.

is the stuff easy to shot pics of ? and what do you need , got some projects in need of some thing ? got some stuff hanging around as well . mine have those parts , but you never know do you . new or old there all wreck , and need parts . Maybe we could do some trad'n .

I will be building a 65 Dart next. I will need a RH 2 door door panel and a section of the floor pan. Next after that is the 65 Valiant convertible. It needs a 73-76 A body 8.25 axle with 3.21 or 3.55 gears since I'll be using a set of 73-76 big bolt disc brakes.

I will be building a 65 Dart next. I will need a RH 2 door door panel and a section of the floor pan. Next after that is the 65 Valiant convertible. It needs a 73-76 A body 8.25 axle with 3.21 or 3.55 gears since I'll be using a set of 73-76 big bolt disc brakes.
At least your NOT looking for C parts, you might get flamed here! Just sayin

Really???? This type of thread is so typical of all, and I repeat "ALL," that are in this MOPAR hobby. It is the same with A, B, C, E, Trucks and Vans, and everything else in the MOPAR world. And I am guilty of it also. And what that is is that we all think that just because we have a certain item or part that it will be moved for a price and it is driven by their need for it. For me I have owned a C Body, a 66/300 that was my first foray into the hobby. Parts were very hard to find. But I learned that if one were to take the time and look up what that part might also work for, then it can be shared with the other body styles. For example...some B Body parts will work for A, B, E, etc. and visa versa. Therefore I could utilize the scarcity from one to the other to get my ride back up into working order. Do some creative research instead of "assuming" that just because you have something and someone says they want it doesn't mean it will move for you. As for Bru's complaint? First off he yanked a perfectly good drive train from a perfectly good C Body to shoe horn into his project. OK...That goes on a lot. Then because he now has a donor/roller and cannot move it...duh who wants a motor less car in the first place...he decides to part it out. OK..that goes on as well. He then has an individual relatively close that is interested in a radiator and request pics for his perusal as I would also if I was interested because time is money and perhaps he wants to make sure that it is worth the drive. Come on here Bru!!! What the hell is your bitch about a couple of pics being sent??? Perhaps you had better think a little harder next time when you "ASSUME" about a parts inquire. The individual is obviously interested and as a seller, you might want to accommodate his request as it will also allow you to see if they are a "STROKE" or in fact are interested and want to make the deal happen. I always post pics with my items I list. Or if I respond to a WTB ad say here on this site, I let them know that if interested I will post up picks and then discuss the particulars with the interested party. Just common basic sales. Because when you make an assumption and assume as you have done in this case, you only make an *** of yourself. And that is just MHFO...cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

C-body guys are no different than any other car guy. So a guy wanted some pics of parts, thays how it goes these days. Everyone has a camera phone, how hard is it to send him some pics, u already have his phone number. Its not likr ur mailing him polaroids. I ask for pics for any part no matter how far is am, im sure most do as well. So u ran into some guys trying to lowball u on parts, pretty sure everyone asks for the low price before buying parts too. Point is this type of thing happens with all transactions when selling parts or parting out cars. To categorize it as a c body thing is ridiculous. Put a b-body part on craigalist and see how many people ask for pics or try to lowball u.

Auto Transport Service
Back