• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is It Me, Or Are C Body Guys Their Own Worst Enemies?

Bruzilla

Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
As many of you know, I bought a 73 Town & Country to use as a doner car for my Roadrunner. I pulled the drive train out, and was going to scrap the rest but after hearing all the stories on C Body sites about "unobtanium" and how frigging impossible it is to find parts for C Bodies, especially wagons, I risked the ire of my wife, neighbors, and town I live in, and took the time to take most of the wagon-unique parts off. These parts are so scarce I couldn't even find values for them, so I just priced them based on the amount of effort it took to get them off, which seemed pretty fair to me.

So I list the parts on some C Body sites, and aside from a couple of guys in Finland who were working on these cars, all I heard was bitching and whining and griping about how I was asking too much for my parts, the parts weren't good enough, they didn't want to pay for shipping, we B Body guys are too used to paying too much for parts, etc. I had just gotten done paying $75 for a stupid wiper knob, and these guys want to bitch about paying $40 for a huge air deflector that took me a whole afternoon to get off? Or $100 for a complete set of tail lights and trim that took most of a day and can't be found anywhere? What's with these guys?

So here comes the topper. I have all these parts sitting around collecting dust because I quit updating the ads. The other day I'm on the C Body site and I see a guy in Florida is looking for a 73 Town & Country radiator, which I pulled from the car because I was going to use it in the Roadrunner but I had bought an aluminum one and it's been great so I've had it sitting around as a spare. How many frigging all original, OEM, functional radiators for a 73 Town & Country exist in the wild these days? Three? Five? These have to be scarcer than frigging Hemi radiators, so they should bring a damn good price I would think, like $600 easy. But I contact the guy and I'm thinking $100 and shipping would be a fair price, and he tells me he's just 2.5 hours away from me, so I figured I would be really nice and I told him if he's willing to make the drive up here, he can have the radiator, shroud, and all the other parts I have for free. Free! That's right, he can have well over $2,000 bucks worth of unobtanium parts for his car for the price of a tank of frigging gas.

And what's the response I get? I need you to send me some pictures of the radiator so I can decide if I want to make a six-hour drive!!! If someone told me they would give me an impossible to find part for my car, plus a couple of grand worth of other impossible-to-find parts, for free, I would be asking for an address and on the road as soon as I got it! I swear, these C Body guys just like to bitch and whine to hear themselves bitch and whine.

Throw that **** in the dumpster, take a picture of it and post it on every C-body website... :rofl: And make sure the guy who wanted photos gets it too!

Remember that the C body crowd is a group of older folks, even older then me, and probably more tightwads with their $$. They just like to bitch about anything and everything. I've been on a few C boards for quite awhile now and it seems to be getting worse as they older. Good Luck downloadin your parts.

I would have gladly taken the whole car if it had a title:thumbsup:. I dig wagons and want to build one someday.

It's everywhere, some want you to pay them for the fricken part! Always a story, so &so had one for $$$ yadda yadda..

I'm kinda like 747 I would love to have had that wagon to play with.

Sit on them. It's not costing you anything to store them, is it?

Bru . . . I think that you just fully explained why the C-body parts are "unobtanium" ( what a great word - I love it ) . . .

Thanks for sharing . . . ( smile )

Bru . . . I think that you just fully explained why the C-body parts are "unobtanium" ( what a great word - I love it ) . . .
NO, It's just that all the derby smashers, smashed them all up. Ever try findin taillights for a 66-300 for a decent price, then tell me why you can't. Then we'll talk.

And what's the response I get? I need you to send me some pictures of the radiator so I can decide if I want to make a six-hour drive!!! If someone told me they would give me an impossible to find part for my car, plus a couple of grand worth of other impossible-to-find parts, for free, I would be asking for an address and on the road as soon as I got it! I swear, these C Body guys just like to bitch and whine to hear themselves bitch and whine.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you were faced with a long drive to get "free" parts, wouldn't you want to be sure the parts are worth that long drive before going? I know if I did that and got there only to find that the parts were not of the best quality then I'd be just a bit pissed off about wasting my time and gas! And it doesn't matter if the parts were for my A body Barracuda, Road Runner, or Sport Fury!!

As many of you know, I bought a 73 Town & Country to use as a doner car for my Roadrunner. I pulled the drive train out, and was going to scrap the rest but after hearing all the stories on C Body sites about "unobtanium" and how frigging impossible it is to find parts for C Bodies, especially wagons, I risked the ire of my wife, neighbors, and town I live in, and took the time to take most of the wagon-unique parts off. These parts are so scarce I couldn't even find values for them, so I just priced them based on the amount of effort it took to get them off, which seemed pretty fair to me.

So I list the parts on some C Body sites, and aside from a couple of guys in Finland who were working on these cars, all I heard was bitching and whining and griping about how I was asking too much for my parts, the parts weren't good enough, they didn't want to pay for shipping, we B Body guys are too used to paying too much for parts, etc. I had just gotten done paying $75 for a stupid wiper knob, and these guys want to bitch about paying $40 for a huge air deflector that took me a whole afternoon to get off? Or $100 for a complete set of tail lights and trim that took most of a day and can't be found anywhere? What's with these guys?

So here comes the topper. I have all these parts sitting around collecting dust because I quit updating the ads. The other day I'm on the C Body site and I see a guy in Florida is looking for a 73 Town & Country radiator, which I pulled from the car because I was going to use it in the Roadrunner but I had bought an aluminum one and it's been great so I've had it sitting around as a spare. How many frigging all original, OEM, functional radiators for a 73 Town & Country exist in the wild these days? Three? Five? These have to be scarcer than frigging Hemi radiators, so they should bring a damn good price I would think, like $600 easy. But I contact the guy and I'm thinking $100 and shipping would be a fair price, and he tells me he's just 2.5 hours away from me, so I figured I would be really nice and I told him if he's willing to make the drive up here, he can have the radiator, shroud, and all the other parts I have for free. Free! That's right, he can have well over $2,000 bucks worth of unobtanium parts for his car for the price of a tank of frigging gas.

And what's the response I get? I need you to send me some pictures of the radiator so I can decide if I want to make a six-hour drive!!! If someone told me they would give me an impossible to find part for my car, plus a couple of grand worth of other impossible-to-find parts, for free, I would be asking for an address and on the road as soon as I got it! I swear, these C Body guys just like to bitch and whine to hear themselves bitch and whine.
I take exception to comments by mmissile, Grady Cain, and 69a100 because I own a B-body, C-body and a classic Ford. I don't think this forum is so desperate that it needs members with big mouths that can do nothing but critcise others in the worst language imaginable. They should be tossed or if you prefer. because I own a C-body, and don't meet their standards I'll quit this forum. Moderators, grow some balls and don't let this forum be disgraced in such a crude manner.

I think I would have offered to pay you for your time to take pictures.
Or pay you a little something for the parts.
Free is fine but that is a long drive.
It would be worth it to me.

I just happen to be a "C body" guy (that likes B bodys too) and --resemble---some of the remarks about us.:)
We all (car guys) are the same if you put us in a sandbox. In this case we are in a small corner of a big sandbox. --The Mopar corner.--- It is a small corner but I see no need to split that -small--corner even further.:eek:

BTW I have a 68 sport fury fast top -project/parts- car that I have decided I will not get to. And as it sits outside-- I don't want to be "one of those guys" that lets it fade into the dirt looking for the last half dollar for it. If I get much grief when I post it for sale I will likely just donate it to-- Wildcat Auto Wrecking--for yard credit.
I have donated several cars to them some years back --(69 charger,70 charger rt,65 barracuda, 65 sport fury conv. and saved me a big headache that is the base topic of this thread. Which is--how much of our lives do we want to spend selling "unobtainium" scrap to unrelenting bargain hunters.

worst language imaginable?
In todays day and age you must be joking 5 year old kids use this kind of language! Your telling us that a little word or two hurt your feelings? There nothing but words! God help you if you had a full conversation with me in person those words are basically my vocabulary! Grow up dude you arnt a freaking kid ,don't act like you have near heard those words before!

Auto Transport Service
Back