• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a Meat Emergency Mario.

"Steaks Could Soon Become Champagne-Like Luxury"

They already are on my income! $11.00 - $15.00 per pound :rolleyes:

Had a $33 prime rib eye steak 3 hours ago. YUM
who da man.jpg

Years ago sister in law gave me a $100 gift card to a steakhouse chain called The Keg. It’s big in Canada, not sure about the U.S.
I never eat beef, we only ever eat wild game but what the hell, I had this gift card...
I order the best steak on the menu. It was $65.00 for one steak about two inches thick and about the size of a pack of cigarettes. It was freakin’ AWESOME! I wanted to hate it but couldn’t.

Got a gift card for LongHorn Steakhouse, $27 for a 18oz ribeye. It was a good steak.
Backyard gas grills don't get hot enough to put a good char on a steak unless its 1 1/2" thick.
I ran an adjustable gas regulator, just had to crack open a little to get grill screaming hot.
Thats why God created cast iron skillets.

Everyone should buy there beef straight from a beef producer that will take it to a small local meat locker for processing, that would cut out the large meat packing plants that Jack up the prices on beef after processing and make all the money. Even if you have to travel hours out of the city where you live there would be a lot of money to be saved.

I live on 4 acres in MD, and coming home after dark I routinely have 3 or 4 families of deer in my front yard.

I need to start harvesting. My neighbor can process. The only thing that worries me is the excessive amount of parasites and unhealthy deer in our area - they are SO overpopulated.

We do use a local butcher for our beef. Locally raised and processed, outstanding cuts, great pricing.

Over 900 pounds live weight yielded 450 pounds of excellent lean meat. We eat it every day. First hour of the second day of the season. On my own land. With a cartridge that I loaded, fired from a rifle that I built thirty five years ago.
67963935-01C6-43D5-B5A8-EDE349979FB2.jpeg
Love it.

Over 900 pounds live weight yielded 450 pounds of excellent lean meat. We eat it every day. First hour of the second day of the season. On my own land. With a cartridge that I loaded, fired from a rifle that I built thirty five years ago. View attachment 1399581Love it.
Do you gut it in the field? Been around deer camps that hang em up to gut but 900 lbs worth? Need a chain fall lol

Do you gut it in the field? Been around deer camps that hang em up to gut but 900 lbs worth? Need a chain fall lol
I don’t like to leave much trace of my being there to frighten other game, so we drag them to the road with my side by side and load them onto the trailer and take them to my buddies yard site about two miles away where we lift them up with the forks on the tractor to skin and gut. I like the meat to be perfect, with no hair or dirt in it so we take a lot of care to keep it clean. I won’t even allow people to drive into my land with a truck, it’s walk in only and then only drive a side by side in to skid game back out. This works well, the herd was back in the same spot that evening. There was a bigger bull with mine but he was too smart to stay around. My buddy got a nice one in the exact same spot about two weeks later and another buddy got a huge cow on this field about a month ago. I have between 15 and twenty that live there all year around, as well as perhaps as many deer and a few moose. Lots of bears. We take a few of those each year as they tend to kill young deer and elk. I see as many as five at a time when I am elk hunting. I shot a seven foot black bear there last year that was the largest that the taxidermist had seen. I have a cow moose that has had twin calves each spring for that last five years. I manage the harvest pretty carefully so that there is always a healthy selection of animals.

37E66D1D-AA84-40FA-BA2C-FF097D5BA1A7.png

07770945-2268-48DB-9228-F980033F41CD.jpeg

B3FAFED3-880D-47A6-A9BD-6029735A345D.jpeg

14BAB893-6FC4-4513-B930-55F2F60F06CA.jpeg

4664E47D-1FF4-4F09-AF2C-CD916B73DE33.jpeg

I have a salt lick that I maintain between my two fields with a camera on it. It has been there for more then thirty years. It’s how we keep a rough inventory of what animals are living there. Nobody is allowed to hunt or shoot anywhere near it so that the animals don’t get scared away. There is a deep creek about fifty yards north so as long as there is that trail with the salt lick and fresh water there will always be game.

A8AB3CB2-9CED-496B-B266-16D805CC4080.png

71DA87B5-FAFE-4584-93D7-BAD8EAFF90D7.jpeg

239EA781-916A-4780-855C-A29D584CF440.jpeg

E092CD1D-913E-4753-AEDF-7FFF99A4CB4D.jpeg

Screw bill gates, he's the evil spawn of some extremely evil parents.

Auto Transport Service
Back