• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a Meat Emergency Mario.

Sometimes the camera will have over four THOUSAND photos on it and it takes hours to look at them all. Here’s just a few more of the thousands upon thousands of pictures. The best ones ever were inadvertently erased. They show my cow moose with twins on the salt lick. Then it shows a huge bull elk showing up. Then the cow moose and bull elk literally inches apart, staring each other down like boxers. Then just the cow moose and calves. It was a once in a lifetime sequence of pix, and I lost it. By the way, camouflage on a camera only hides it from people. Animals ALWAYS know that it’s there. I have countless pix of deer, elk and bears inches away, staring into it. Bears have destroyed one camera, and elk keep knocking them askew by rubbing or pushing on them. They are beautiful creatures, I never get tired of seeing them and always feel sort of down about killing one, even though it feeds my family. As crazy as it sounds, I don’t take a lot of pride in the act killing an unarmed vegetarian with a high powered rifle. I take pride in killing them quickly and feeding my family.

7153F1ED-59AC-485C-BACB-EC99E4A59E81.png

11EB3585-E954-4894-8654-EEDEA0755DF8.png

51539653-4374-4CCE-AFB2-17D3823DDD15.png

0C92BCAA-2E33-41A6-B10A-C33F9A1D94A9.png

596D85DD-0FC1-4188-9D6F-15DFBD3BFCAD.png

189897B7-EC9E-4A5D-9E6D-E17080FE2D16.png

They are beautiful creatures, I never get tired of seeing them and always feel sort of down about killing one, even though it feeds my family. As crazy a
it sounds, I don’t take a lot of pride in the act killing an unarmed vegetarian with a high powered rifle. I take pride in killing them quickly and feeding my family.
Oh I know the feeling even though I'm not a hunter. Been a few times but the guys I went with were mostly into being out in the woods and drinking. Nothing wrong with that but not into being 3 sheets to the wind with fire arms involved.

Yup, guns and chain saws. Guys that drink around them are never allowed back. In fact, out of my group of people I only drink beer, and then only later, around the fire. Another buddy has quality scotch, but only at the Friday evening happy hour. All others in my circle are non drinkers. No drugs of any kind, at all. About a third are female, and about a third are under twenty years old. Two of our most accomplished hunters are high school girls, and my buddies wife gets a moose or elk every year.

0C368133-5402-4D71-8318-331ECDE617D3.png

2B0F283A-C25D-42D4-8B18-1C25CE4E28D4.png

Last edited:
This guy was 2200 pounds, weighed on a scale. Fed five families for a winter. He was a lot of work for two of us to skin and gut. Elk and deer seemed easy after that. I don’t shoot bison anymore, it’s too hard of work for an old guy.

View attachment 1399619
When I unfortunately had to leave Colorado because of a corporate move and needing to continue to make a living - CA was unfortunately the best of the 3 options I was confronted with. An avid hunter of elk, deer and antelope along with some birds, mostly pheasant - I hung up my rifles. My lifestyle changed so dramatically in this liberal nightmare of a “state” that I no longer had the desire to hunt. To many wack jobs in these mountains for me to want to get anywhere near them and firearms. I witnessed enough of these CA idiots “hunting” in the Rockies of CO to ever want to be near them again. Case in point - our crew witnessed one of them taking down a spike buck - he was going to leave him there for the critters if we hadn’t seen him and questioned him - wasn't a big enough kill for his outsized ego. We ”advised” him on what he was going to do - took his tag from him and tagged the kill and loaded it in his truck for him and suggested he might want to head home before we bumped into him again - we were also nice enough to let him know we’d be letting the game warden in on his nice kill and provide his license number in case he forgot to leave. This guy was no more interested in the meat than we were of what size his dick was. Just one of many stories about such selfish guys that give hunting and hunters a bad name. Since moving here my 7mm has stayed locked up.

Never even thought about doing that.......
When I unfortunately had to leave Colorado because of a corporate move and needing to continue to make a living - CA was unfortunately the best of the 3 options I was confronted with. An avid hunter of elk, deer and antelope along with some birds, mostly pheasant - I hung up my rifles. My lifestyle changed so dramatically in this liberal nightmare of a “state” that I no longer had the desire to hunt. To many wack jobs in these mountains for me to want to get anywhere near them and firearms. I witnessed enough of these CA idiots “hunting” in the Rockies of CO to ever want to be near them again. Case in point - our crew witnessed one of them taking down a spike buck - he was going to leave him there for the critters if we hadn’t seen him and questioned him - wasn't a big enough kill for his outsized ego. We ”advised” him on what he was going to do - took his tag from him and tagged the kill and loaded it in his truck for him and suggested he might want to head home before we bumped into him again - we were also nice enough to let him know we’d be letting the game warden in on his nice kill and provide his license number in case he forgot to leave. This guy was no more interested in the meat than we were of what size his dick was. Just one of many stories about such selfish guys that give hunting and hunters a bad name. Since moving here my 7mm has stayed locked up.
I'm glad I'm 200+ miles from Austin!

We are feeling the pain at the grocery store like everyone else....
BUT every Sunday, I still insist on our little plastic hacienda on the ridge up here
turning into "Ed's Steak House".
I've gotten pretty good at preparing ribeye and between the stores around here,
usually at least one of them has a special going on it - and if we compromise and
go for NY Strip, it's even cheaper (if a bit less tender).

There's also many local beef raising farms and it's simple to go down to the farmers'
market and get really fresh cuts too - but that's pricy as heck, honestly ($20/lb and up).

It's been a while since we've been to a steakhouse (Texas Roadhouse) and we didn't
even choose steaks when we went (I'm a sucker for catfish if locally sourced).

Mario how about a discount…..

No thanks.
Cooking it to kill the bacteria does not make that less rotten. "broken down" is a really nice way to say decay. If they just waited a few more weeks there could be further cellular break down and they could just prepare it with a potato masher.

Never let the idiot world tell you fresh is not best. Fresh is always the best.
I should start a social media campaign to convince the insanely wealthy that week old lobster is actually much better then pulling a live one out of a tank to cook it up. just need an overly complicated method of "aging" to make it too much of a pain in the *** for them to want to do it themselves, so they will gladly pay me for the half rotten lobsters instead.

"Fresh is best"... never when it comes to Beef, but Wagyu might be pushing it a tad!

1/4r's hung for at least 3 weeks to bleed out. Then cut up and another good week in the cooler... then they get better the next week...

@MarPar

"Fresh is best"... never when it comes to Beef, but Wagyu might be pushing it a tad!

1/4r's hung for at least 3 weeks to bleed out. Then cut up and another good week in the cooler... then they get better the next week...

@MarPar
Wagyu is a breed of cow from Japan.

35 years ago I had a steak that was still room temperature warm when it was seared from the dairy cow that was butchered that morning behind the barn.
I have never had anything like it since.

That is about impossible to do. So we have gotten VERY good at figuring out how to make older beef taste great. I do not dispute our butcher process, refined for decades out of need to feed our country.

That is just my opinion.

Wagyu is a breed of cow from Japan.

35 years ago I had a steak that was still room temperature warm when it was seared from the dairy cow that was butchered that morning behind the barn.
I have never had anything like it since.

That is about impossible to do. So we have gotten VERY good at figuring out how to make older beef taste great. I do not dispute our butcher process, refined for decades out of need to feed our country.

That is just my opinion.
Everyone gets one, I grew up in a butcher shop from the age of 3....

Auto Transport Service
Back