• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IS there a suitable fan shroud for a Champion Radiator?

62maxx

Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a Champion Radiator (EC1635) in my 62 Polara. I have been searching for a suitable fan shroud that will accept the mechanical fan. I have called Champion (Ledfoot Racing) and they only offer a 16" electric fan combo that needs 3+" of space from the core to the water pump pulley that fits this radiator. This will not fit because the tanks are 3-1/2" thick. ( that's what they sold me) I currently have a pusher fan with no shroud and a 18" flex fan on the engine side and it's not cooling at all. Of course, the universal shrouds are not measured to fit MOPAR cars because of the 2.5" off center configuration. Are there ANY 22" MOPAR shrouds that can be retrofitted onto this radiator? ANY ideas are gratefully appreciated.

THANKS!

62june2.jpg

62 june1.jpg

Champion Radiator dimensions resized.jpg

Speedway has a universal plastic shroud that I used on a 26", think it was something around $50 a few years back.
That fan in front of the radiator is blocking airflow when not in use.

Speedway has a universal plastic shroud that I used on a 26", think it was something around $50 a few years back.
That fan in front of the radiator is blocking airflow when not in use.

Fabricate one, or have one fabricated..maybe modify that steel one from Mancini.

I made a shroud to fit my aluminum radiator. I used fiberglass, wood, and a t shirt.
Plenty of video on YouTube.

Auto Transport Service
Back