• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Crazy or am I missing something?

Yeah, I'm looking for a Sun tach for my wagon (had one in it back in the day, but its long gone)....prices are nuts.

Still have my shift light...but need a tach.

That’s why I don’t have a sun tach in mine. Equaas pro, $5 on ebay

7ED1D500-6248-46C2-822F-9612D1ED9112.jpeg

When you have that vision of that car that you never had in High School and now you have it and all it needs to be finished is that one.......last....part.
I may soon fall into this trap. As some of you know, I acquired the actual car I craved and test drove when I was in high school, and it is in nearly perfect condition. I need one assembly line NOS exhaust tip to make it look exactly like it did in 1969. I have one I bought for $90 on Ebay several years ago. I have a pair of NOS direct connection tips from 1985 that are close, but have different contours. Someone is going to make a killing on me for that last part. But that will be a one time event. Glad I don't need a tach.

Theres the original Sun tachs with the separate control box ( I still have one ). And theres the re-issue model which is stand-alone by itself with the electronics inside ( which I have on one of my cars ) .

They can price it any way they want. But getting that kind of money is crazy!!!!!!!! Was up till 3 in the morning looking for parts to restore my runner. Like clove box lid and the dash pad. The one thing was a part of trim inside the car over the mirror. Head liner trim. Paid dearly for it. So, I thought. 150 bucks. But had to have it complete the car resto.

I may soon fall into this trap. As some of you know, I acquired the actual car I craved and test drove when I was in high school, and it is in nearly perfect condition. I need one assembly line NOS exhaust tip to make it look exactly like it did in 1969. I have one I bought for $90 on Ebay several years ago. I have a pair of NOS direct connection tips from 1985 that are close, but have different contours. Someone is going to make a killing on me for that last part. But that will be a one time event. Glad I don't need a tach.
I did, recently...needed a new fuel tank for my '72 Satellite....wagon. Not under the trunk; it's in the drivers quarter panel, between the wheel and the bumper. NOBODY makes repops. I was searching for a decent used one (hard to get since the drive wheels kick EVERYTHING up into the bottom, and pinhole the tank eventually), and stumbled on a NOS tank that some guy had, from buying out some dealer stock somewhere.

The price didn't have a comma in it...but it was close.

For a box.

That holds fluid.

But...it is what it is at this point. Not much choice.

I don't need the nostalgia look for my car. If I did, I'd have one of my moroso mechanical tachs in it.
I have had several Autometers, a couple monsters, and a 6grand itty-bitty one for my pickup, but the BEST tach I have is a VDO replay tach (not a "recall"). Worked kinda like a poor man's data logger. Love that tach. Think I paid $250, now disco'ed.

In my drag cars the best was a SW Direct Connection mechanical with the Hemi distributor.

My current Autometer acts very well.

Auto Transport Service
Back