• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this real? Should we buy it?

If you remove back seat would springs match? The hood would need be on BS and fender tag for me to believe it. My rear seat build sheet is cleaner.

Should have a turquoise 330 h.p. 383 with 600 cfm. Holley. Super Bee had orange 335 h.p. 383 with 625 cfm. AVS. Same "H" code on VIN.

Thanks for all of your comments. Back to the drawing board. Hoping to find a '69 Bee or a '70 GTX or Roadrunner. Thanks again!

Thanks for all of your comments. Back to the drawing board. Hoping to find a '69 Bee or a '70 GTX or Roadrunner. Thanks again!
My 69 Coronet 440 w #'s matching 383 & 727 is worth close to 30K and add in a 4-speed it is that according to Hagerty. Now a Coronet 500 had bigger engine options and is worth more but I would estimate in the 40K range for that car except for the missing fender tag which brings me way back on price. Just my opinion and I think you can find one for less or get a decent Super Bee for around that asking price.

Last edited:
If the sheet is real, and it probably is... The 4 Spd is correct and pretty rare... 1 of 281... But the hood is added, it's not shown on the build sheet.. If it were I'd be very suspicious of the sheet, it's not & I'm not... N96 as previously stated Super Bee & R/T only... Cool car, cool color... I like it & twenty-thirty years ago thats how we built cars, you want an option you add it... These days people seem to think that makes the whole car a crime...

If the sheet is real, and it probably is... The 4 Spd is correct and pretty rare... 1 of 281... But the hood is added, it's not shown on the build sheet.. If it were I'd be very suspicious of the sheet, it's not & I'm not... N96 as previously stated Super Bee & R/T only... Cool car, cool color... I like it & twenty-thirty years ago thats how we built cars, you want an option you add it... These days people seem to think that makes the whole car a crime...
Where can i verify its possible one of 281 status? Would its rarity command a $63k price tag?

I checked the build sheet and noticed the N96 box is NOT checked.

1660698496919.jpeg

my build sheet was falling apart in 1985......I have it in a ziplock bag.......in pieces

Where can i verify its possible one of 281 status? Would its rarity command a $63k price tag?

I checked the build sheet and noticed the N96 box is NOT checked.
That number is from Galen's white book... 63K is ridiculous....

Always nice to get the torch too close?

m51691.jpg
m51690.jpg

My opinion? 63K is way to much for that car. You should be able to find a real Bee or R/T for that money without to much searching. Let someone else take the loss on that one.

Is “build sheet” the term now. I thought that was GM nomenclature. Anyway, I don’t see the dash mounted reverse light.

Yes, the dash mounted reverse light is there. Based on the comments received, $63k is too much for this car.

A 1968 engine would not be Orange (only HEMI), but turquoise, even the 383's and 440's.

Edit* Oops, you're talking about a '69.

Last edited:
A '69 would've had the body-colored wheels and the fratzog pie-plate hubcaps. On a 500, I believe there were two full wheel cover options, along with the five-spoke Road Wheels. I can't remember the pie plates belonging on a 500. Other errors have been pointed out, already. Little nit-picking things, granted; but for that money, I'd expect the car to be spot-on correct. This is a VERY nice-looking car as presented. If I had $35K to $40K laying around, I'd consider it and then make the car right.

Last edited:
Is “build sheet” the term now. I thought that was GM nomenclature. Anyway, I don’t see the dash mounted reverse light.

I've interchanged the terms for 40 years. But, yes, "broadcast sheet" is the correct Mopar terminology...says so on the sheet!

I thought the reverse light on the dash started in the 1970MY...?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back