• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this real? Should we buy it?

No fender tag and a sheet that looks like a repop = nope nope and anudder nope.

Either way 63 k is easily in the range for a damn nice Bee or Coronet RT

Ps.

Ill sell you a 1967 coronet 500.
With working air for MUCH less that 63k .A LOT less.

20220817_051039.jpg

I would pass. Ton of great choices in that price range.
I agree I have been doing some serious shopping for a B myself and there are several very nice Bs out there for less than 50K.

I've interchanged the terms for 40 years. But, yes, "broadcast sheet" is the correct Mopar terminology...says so on the sheet!

I thought the reverse light on the dash started in the 1970MY...?
I believe it appeared during the ‘68 MY. When they went to the Hurst shifter, it didn’t have a triggered lockout. Hence the reverse light on the dashboard. I’m not certain of the exact date but... somewhere around March 1968.

I believe it appeared during the ‘68 MY. When they went to the Hurst shifter, it didn’t have a triggered lockout. Hence the reverse light on the dashboard. I’m not certain of the exact date but... somewhere around March 1968.
According to "GG" decode on my RR,
Hurst shifter and reverse light began on 15 Feb '68.
It's on my car with an SBD March 22, 1968

Doesn't mean gospel but ....

63K... wow. I guess I need to up my Hagerty.

Chuck (snook)

Interesting. I’ve never seen a ‘68 Coronet with the N96 hood. It didn’t get that code until ‘69. Maybe that car is like the “68” Charger 500. The only one made.

In 68 there were no N96 hoods...

Few I found this evening....

Here's a real 69 R/T...440/4spd/dana...$59,000 I would have preferred if they had left it T3 with the Saddle interior, but looks decent enough with a few things that I would probably want to grind them on the price for.

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 For Sale | Gateway Classic Cars

I like this 69 Bee...love the F8 Green over green but not sure why the $78K asking price for a swapped in 440/auto...I'd say it's more of a >$50K car IMHO.

1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee Super Bee For Sale | Gateway Classic Cars

This 69 R/T for $35K seems like a decent deal.

1969 Dodge Coronet RT · Coupe

69 Bee...probably not the original color but looks like a well done car...$59K

1969 Dodge Super Bee · Black Vinyl Top and Bucket seats

69 Super Bee 383/auto with A/C...red on red...$75K....

1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee - cars & trucks - by dealer - vehicle...

69 R/T...$57K
1969 Coronet R/T - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

Last edited:
Few I found this evening....

Here's a real 69 R/T...440/4spd/dana...$59,000 I would have preferred if they had left it T3 with the Saddle interior, but looks decent enough with a few things that I would probably want to grind them on the price for.

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 For Sale | Gateway Classic Cars

I like this 69 Bee...love the F8 Green over green but not sure why the $78K asking price for a swapped in 440/auto...I'd say it's more of a >$50K car IMHO.

1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee Super Bee For Sale | Gateway Classic Cars

This 69 R/T for $35K seems like a decent deal.

1969 Dodge Coronet RT · Coupe

69 Bee...probably not the original color but looks like a well done car...$59K

1969 Dodge Super Bee · Black Vinyl Top and Bucket seats

69 Super Bee 383/auto with A/C...red on red...$75K....

1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee - cars & trucks - by dealer - vehicle...

69 R/T...$57K
1969 Coronet R/T - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale
Thanks! Much appreciated. I missed some of these

That sure is a nice car, but for that price point, a real and documented 1969 restored 4 speed R/T could be yours. They're out there for sure. Be patient and non-emotional and the right car will fall into your lap, like mine did. Good Luck!

It’s a fake, someone is trying to scam you or anybody else they can.
No N96 codes and no fender tag it’s not a “one off”. Suppose it was N96 and real with tags..still NOT a $63k car because of that! Does not translate to crazy big buck money.
Coronet 500’s are nice cars in their own right and yes you could get one with 383 and 4spd.
Why anybody would bastardize one like this is beyond me because for $63k or less you can get a much more desirable REAL Super Bee or R/T.
Even right and show condition fully documented, numbers & tags this is only a $25k car at best.

Should have a turquoise 330 h.p. 383 with 600 cfm. Holley. Super Bee had orange 335 h.p. 383 with 625 cfm. AVS. Same "H" code on VIN.
Also, 330 horse has no “HP” stamp but does have HP exhaust manifolds.

I agree that the build sheet is a fake. That's a 53 year old piece of paper that wasn't meant to last this long. There is only one spring mark on it. This is mine. Notice the tatered edges and browning commensurate with age.

20220802_092656.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back