• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this the new normal? What could be perceived junk asking at premium prices.

-c3a8-46f7-80bb-89c3f4257371?rule=kijijica-200-jpg.jpg

$16,500.00
1970 Challenger

Pickering < 7 minutes ago
As shown with most parts included such as trim, glass, bumpers and most interior parts. No motor or trany available. For more info or pictures please call or text Bill at 289-928-1305......thanks for ...
Automatic | 12,345 km

-a97a-4ec9-96fc-8bf5747f9bbc?rule=kijijica-200-jpg.jpg

$24,500.00
1968 Road Runner ( Beep Beep )

Pickering < 19 minutes ago
Original Paint. 383 engine , bench seat car. This car is very solid and comes with the build sheet and ownership. It has one rear quarter panel replaced and I have a new panel for the other side. ...
Automatic | 12,345 km

-3f70-42bd-9095-0bb7064c79e0?rule=kijijica-200-jpg.jpg

$24,500.00
1970 Charger 500

Pickering < 39 minutes ago
As shown. Needs full restoration. I have all the new panels that are needed. Factory 318 car with floor console. All trim,glass, bumpers and most interior parts are there. Two 440 blocks and heads ...
Automatic | 12,345 km

Looks like the cars were not selling so he has lowered his prices
To be honest I think he might have the right idea in starting high and come down till they sell
Nothing worse than selling too cheap and see it relisted the next day with nothing done to it for more $$

Note to self...... insure my cars for a much, much higher agreed upon price.

Gen II Chargers are HOT! With very high demand. It's not the sellers fault. It's the market.

I've posted before comparing my base model '69 GTX 4-speed to a friend's base model '69 Charger SE auto trans. I've driven his car. The GTX 440 easily about performs the 383. The GTX Dana rear with better gearing at 3.54:1 vs 8 3/4 rear gear at 3.23:1 gives not only superior street application. But car drives heavier. With less vibrations and rattles. This also due to heavier suspension. Torsion bars. Ect. His car is B5 blue with black bucket seats floor shift console. Compared to GTX F8 green with camel tan split bench no console. His color combo does offer more to the eye. But that's it. Both cars are solid #3 driver quality condition. Both are non numbers matching, but period correct. (I'm sorry, like a dumbass I didn't take a pic of cars side by side. I have TERRIBLE photographic instincts. I shall attempt this year if opportunities arise.)

Even though I believe the GTX base is a superior build vs Charger SE base. Every indication suggests he would get 30% to 50% more for his Charger. Why? They are so damn HOT!

68-72 cars are all priced on hype. It is hype carried since the 1990's. Old guys will say it is worth that much, anyone under the age of 40 will say I will go buy one of 20 other sports cars for that money and daily it.
That hasn't changed and it won't until the old guys are gone. The Dodge Charger is a few years out yet from being the next Studebaker Silver Hawk or Ford Model A.
20 years ago I’d have agreed with you that the Charger
68-72 cars are all priced on hype. It is hype carried since the 1990's. Old guys will say it is worth that much, anyone under the age of 40 will say I will go buy one of 20 other sports cars for that money and daily it.
That hasn't changed and it won't until the old guys are gone. The Dodge Charger is a few years out yet from being the next Studebaker Silver Hawk or Ford Model A.
25 years ago I’d have agreed with you . But too many young guys like the second generation Charger so it don’t think they will turn into a Model A. My 3 cents.
That being said I’d never pay that kind of stupid money for some of the junk like the OP was talking about

I like all 68-70 B bodies (2 doors), but the Charger is superior and here’s why:

1. 68-70 B bodies have an awkward C pillar that is obvious when looking at the side profile from a low angle. It’s similar to to the notchback Barracuda, which surprise surprise, is worth less than the fastback Barracuda.

2. 68-70 B bodies have big clunky generic bumpers. It seems like very little thought went into them from a styling aspect.

3. 68-70 Charger is a pure breed. It doesn’t share any DNA with the sedans with clunky rooflines that -again- ruin the look of the car, like other 68-70 B bodies.

The Charger looks good from any angle, the C pillar is perfection, the bumpers are nicer looking, and it has hidden headlights, which may not appeal to everyone, but they add a little class and IMO improves the look.

Speculators have taken over the hobby and turned it into a business. Money ruins everything.

No, it does not.
Capitalism led to building these cars when new, to the aftermarket developing replacement and restoration parts and to competition.
The people that claim that money ruins things are the ones that don't have any money.

I bought my 68 RT for $3000.00 almost 40 years ago back when they weren't all that desirable. Didn't care what others thought about my Charger since everyone else had bellybutton cars (Mustangs, Camaros, GM junk, there was one on every garage) but the Mopar's had that style that just drew my eye. I guess I liked being different from everyone else back then.

No, it does not.
Capitalism led to building these cars when new, to the aftermarket developing replacement and restoration parts and to competition.
The people that claim that money ruins things are the ones that don't have any money.
Competition and hunting down parts is also some of the fun too. 68 Charger tail lights for example - I see them all the time on marketplace for around $200 mostly and have even seen some people asking $1k for a set. Ended up finding a nice pair for a member on here some couple had for $75 who weren't willing to ship that was only about an hour from his house and he was ecstatic to get them.

Auto Transport Service
Back